Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or email us
The Epping Horticultural Society annual show was very well attended this year
Buy this photo » Pat Styles with her winning melon
Allotment holders, green fingered growers and flower enthusiasts impressed judges and gathering crowds at an annual show.
The Epping Horticultural Society held its yearly competition on Saturday at St John’s Church in Epping.
With small stalls and a pop-up tea shop, guests crammed in from the torrential downpour and were treated to an exhibition of fresh local produce.
Mayor of the town, Will Breare-Hall, opened the event, which according to the society, was very well attended.
David Buckle, from the society, said that it was another great success.
He said: “The Show was well supported by the town with many generous donations to the Raffle.
Michael Chapman, Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Essex, made a brief and generous speech before presenting the prizes.
“The Society would like to thank all those who organised, helped, competed, donated and attended. A good day was had by all.
The winners this year were,
Flowers, fruit and vegetables
• Treasurers Cup: Keith Harris
• Banksian Medal: Shirley Watson
• Leisure Shield: Shirley Watson
• Epping Rose Bowl: Shirley Watson and Tony Carr
• Crowther Cup: Keith Harris
• Fothergill Cup: Shirley Watson
• Fred Bowles Memorial Cup: Christine Burgess
Fruit and Vegetables
• Harlow Shield: Michael Isaacs
• Gooday Cup: Not Awarded
• N.V.S Medal: Tony Carr
• Letitia Berry Salver: Victoria Robertson
• Cake Tier: Lesley Brinklow
• Preserves Cup: Susan Cable
Comments are closed on this article.