Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) do not actually require a formal qualification to teach at entry-level in state-funded schools. But as competition is usually high for posts, and because each school or local authority can decide what skills they want their school staff to have, it is usually advisable to have some training behind you. If you have some nursing or childcare qualifications these may be useful in getting a foot in the door, but whatever your background and experience the first step is to try and get some informal, voluntary work at a local school for a few hours' a week (bear in mind you'll need a relevant up-to-date CRB check to do so.)
- Asthma day
- Royal baby: live video feed
- May 2015 competitions
- Replacing sugary drinks with water may reduce diabetes risk
- Texting may help relieve pain during minor surgery
Buy & Sell
Meerkats Meerkats, Yakov, Maiya and Bogdan, £10 each or £20 the three. Boxed with certificates phone 01255 818255
- Antiques and collectables (6)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (15)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (12)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (33)
- Clothing (12)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (5)
- Furniture and furnishings (60)
- Gardening and Outdoors (14)
- Household and DIY (37)
- Miscellaneous (21)
- Pets (6)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (7)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - Flora McArdle
Flora McArdle Beloved sister, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Died peacefully on
Birthdays - Carlos Bell
Carlos Bell Happy 12th birthday, lots of love from mum xx
Marriages - Helen Silk
Mr and Mrs Nigel Silk are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter Helen to Paul,
Births - Maximilian Tharratt
Maximilian Dennis Tharratt Born 1st April 2013. All our love Mummy and Daddy xxx