April Fool's Day, also known as 'All Fool's Day', has traditionally been a day when people play tricks on each other. Practical jokes and tricks are usually reserved only for the morning. In many countries the tradition goes that you cannot play tricks on each other once 12 noon has passed. In fact, should you try and play a trick after this time it is you who becomes the fool! A traditional rhyme is often recited to remind people of their error if they attempt a trick in the afternoon: "April Fool is dead and gone, you're a fool to carry on!"
- Concerns raised about increased e-cigarette use in teenagers
- Paracetamol 'not effective' for lower back pain or arthritis
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Getting advice from your health visitor
- Knackered parents club
Buy & Sell
Linx 8 inch Tablet Linx 8 tablet. Windows 8.1, Intel atom, 1gb ram, built in 32gb storage, slot for micro sd card up to 64gb. wi-fi enabled 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n. Inc: usb lead, charger and free case. ...
- Antiques and collectables (16)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (19)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (6)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (24)
- Clothing (23)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (8)
- Furniture and furnishings (67)
- Gardening and Outdoors (16)
- Household and DIY (39)
- Miscellaneous (31)
- Outdoor pursuits (8)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (8)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - Doris Beckford
Doris and George Beckford Doris Beckford passed away 16/03/15, wife of George who passed away
Birthdays - Carlos Bell
Carlos Bell Happy 12th birthday, lots of love from mum xx
Marriages - Helen Silk
Mr and Mrs Nigel Silk are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter Helen to Paul,
Births - Maximilian Tharratt
Maximilian Dennis Tharratt Born 1st April 2013. All our love Mummy and Daddy xxx