Redbridge ended their 2013/14 home campaign with a narrow 1-0 defeat against high flying VCD Athletic on Monday.

Visitors VCD needed the win to keep their slim title hopes alive and were better than the 1-0 margin suggested.

The Motormen began strongly and saw a good chance from Daniel Francis hit the frame of the goal.

Redbridge goalkeeper Dean Driscoll did his bit to keep the score goalless before VCD took the lead on the stroke of halftime, Karl Dent the scorer.

The Motormen were beaten 2-1 on Saturday at play-off chasing Thurrock.

Hosts Thurrock went ahead after 24 minutes when Ross Wall converted. The lead was doubled after 54 minutes when Kurt Smith added a second.

Daniel Francis got Redbridge's consolation, but that was all it was.

Waltham Abbey conceded a late goal to deny them a win in their final home game of the season against Dereham Town.

The Abbey saw a lot of the ball in the first half and were the better of the two sides, going close twice through James Peagram.

Ten minutes after the break the hosts got the opener, Joe Pearman connecting with a low corner and crashing into the top corner to open the scoring.

Paul Wickenden’s side could not hold onto their lead though and with two minutes remaining, Craig Bussons poked beyond Abbey goalkeeper Sydney Stojic to snatch a point for Dereham.

Waltham Abbey found themselves on the wrong end of a strange refereeing decision as they were beaten at Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday.

The game began slowly with Abbey having the first real chance of the half when Chris Sargent headed a Joe Pearman cross wide.

Leon McKenzie nearly opened the scoring after 26 minutes for Maldon & Tiptree, with Abbey goalkeeper Matt Gill blocking with his legs.

Visitors Abbey had another chance when Jack Devaney headed across goal only for Marvin Samuels to see his header pushed wide.

Ryan Wade dragged a shot just wide for Maldon, who also saw Junior Appiah go close before the break.

McKenzie and Appiah both wasted chances for Maldon after the restart, before McKenzie opened the scoring in the 58th minute after Jack Stevenson had played him in.

Five minutes later Abbey thought they had equalised when a Pearman corner was handled in the penalty area by Wade - who was dismissed - before crossing the line.

The referee awarded Abbey a penalty instead of a goal and from the resulting spot-kick Pearman hit the bar.

Darelle Russell continued Abbey’s streak of misfortune when he thumped a free kick against the crossbar five minutes later.

With five minutes remaining, Abbey again stuck the woodwork when Pearman crashed another effort off the bar with Maldon keeper Jack Giddens well beaten.

Waltham Forest were beaten 2-1 by mid-table Chatham Town on Bank Holiday Monday.

The writing was on the wall early on when Kieran McCann put hosts Chatham 1-0 up after two minutes.

That lead was doubled nine minutes after the re-start when McCann got his second of the afternoon.

With ten minutes remaining, Forest got a consolation goal through L'heureux Manga Miguel-Pascal Johnson saw three good chances go astray, whilst Menga was also denied for Fore On Saturday Forest drew 0-0 at home to Tilbury on, who looked lively on the break as Tilbury took control.