Leyton Orient battled to a dour goalless draw at Bristol City in League 1 this evening.

Chances were at a premium all night long but the Robins will have felt aggrieved after a first-half goal was ruled out for an alleged foul by Sam Baldock on keeper Adam Legzdins.

There was a lack of fluency throughout the game and a point for both teams was arguably fair in a disappointing spectacle at Ashton Gate. 

The O's made four changes to the side which won at Oldham. Kevin Lisbie was rewarded for his goal last weekend by starting in place of Darius Henderson.

Jobi McAnuff made his first league start ahead of Jay Simpson while Elliot Omozusi and Lloyd James were recalled in place of Shane Lowry and Bradley Pritchard. 

The Robins made the brighter start and striker Baldock fired in an effort which was comfortably held by Legzdins. 

Orient were forced into an early change as Lisbie picked up a shoulder injury and Henderson was brought on.

The substitute had an early chance to make an impact after a pass from Dean Cox but Henderson could only shoot straight at Frank Fielding. 

City had an opportunity on the counter-attack but Joe Bryan blasted his strike well over the crossbar. 

Wade Elliott found himself in space outside the Orient penalty area but he could only fire his shot harmlessly over Legzdins' bar. 

The hosts had the ball in the net following a corner from Korey Smith but the goal was ruled out for a foul on Legzdins by Baldock.

Orient had a decent chance before the break when Henderson attacked down the wing and cut inside but his shot lacked power and was easily saved.  

James fired in a speculative long-range strike early on in the second half which forced Fielding to push the ball round the post. 

The visitors threatened again when Cox sent in a cross but Henderson's header lacked power and was saved by the keeper. 

Orient almost contrived to gift City a goal when they messed about with the ball at the back and Legzdins passed it to a home player but they failed to control it and the visitors escaped. 

Russell Slade made a second change late on when he introduced Pritchard in place of the tiring McAnuff. 

The O's had a chance to snatch the points after Cox sent in a cross but Henderson could only head wide of the target.

James also went close but his strike was parried by Fielding at the match headed towards injury time. 

Orient made their final change late on when Simpson replaced the quiet David Mooney.

City finished strongly and Bryan headed wide from close range but Orient kept them out and returned to London with a hard-earned point. 

Bristol City: Fielding; Little, Flint, Ayling, Williams; Elliott, Smith, Pack (El-Abd, 80), Bryan (Freeman, 80); Baldock, Wilbraham (Emmanuel-Thomas, 90)

Subs not used: Richards, Wagstaff, Cunningham, Burns

Leyton Orient: Legzdins; Omozusi, Clarke, Baudry, Cuthbert; Cox, James, Vincelot, McAnuff (Pritchard, 82); Lisbie (Henderson, 23), Mooney (Simpson, 89)

Subs not used: Woods, Sawyer, Lowry, Bartley

Referee: Simon Hooper

Attendance: 11,692 (334 Orient fans)