Leyton Orient's wait for their first home win goes on after the O's could only manage an uninspired 0-0 draw against Walsall this afternoon.

The first 45 minutes was a forgettable affair and it was not until the second period that Dean Cox produced the O's first shot on target. But there was not enough creativity from either side as Orient were held to a goalless draw for the second match running.

Orient made one change from the side held at Bristol City on Tuesday. Kevin Lisbie's shoulder injury kept him out and meant Darius Henderson returned to the O's attack. Striker Chris Dagnall was also named on the bench for the first time this season after returning to full fitness.

The hosts dominated possession and territory in the opening 15 minutes but were unable to translate this into chances.

Walsall grew into the game as it developed and had the first effort on target when Billy Clifford's free-kick was fired straight at Adam Legzdins.

Anthony Forde had another opportunity for the visitors but his shot was too close to the Orient keeper.

The O's finally created a chance late in the half when Jobi McAnuff attacked down the right wing and his fierce shot hit the side netting.

After a forgettable opening 45 minutes, the game came to life after the restart when Lloyd James' backpass got Legzdins into trouble. His clearance was blocked by Forde but he backheeled wide of the target.

The hosts' long wait for a shot on target was ended when Cox broke clear and his low shot was brilliantly pushed round the post by Richard O'Donnell. 

Russell Slade decided to introduce Jay Simpson in place of David Mooney as his side searched for the breakthrough at Brisbane Road. 

Lloyd James had an opportunity from outside the area but his long-range strike rose over the visitors' crossbar. 

The O's were stepping up the pressure and McAnuff went close again when his low shot crept past the far post. 

Walsall still offered the occasional threat on the break and Adam Chambers almost found the target but fired narrowly wide.

Dagnall made his first appearance of the campaign as he was brought on for Henderson in the final ten minutes. The hosts' final change saw Marvin Bartley replace James.

The visitors were looking just as likely as Orient to snatch a late winner but neither side could find the finishing touch in a dour contest.

Leyton Orient: Legzdins; Omozusi, Clarke, Baudry, Cuthbert; Cox, James (Bartley, 85), Vincelot, McAnuff; Mooney (Simpson, 67), Henderson (Dagnall, 82)

Subs not used: Sawyer, Lowry, Pritchard, Woods

Walsall: O'Donnell; Taylor, Holden, Downing, Kinsella; Clifford (Flanagan, 76), Chambers, Baxendale (Sawyers, 66), Forde; Bradshaw, Grimes (Morris, 81)

Subs not used: MacGillivray, O'Connor, Benning, Bakayoko

Referee: David Webb

Attendance: 4,400