Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or upload here
Hundreds of art events are set to take part across Waltham Forest and Chingford for the E17 Art Trail
AS the E17 Art Trail celebrates its tenth birthday, this year’s extravaganza promises to be bigger and better than ever, with almost 300 events taking place over 16 action-packed days.
This year’s theme is Inhabit and with everything from workshops to open house exhibitions to pop-up food events, here are our top ten must-sees in the borough:
1. E17 Art House is hosting Zoology, featuring 20 artists, among them, Darren Hayman, who has depicted retired Walthamstow dog track greyhounds in paint.
E17 Art House, Church Hill, E17, May 31 until June 15.
We Love Lego
2. Come and see some terrific creations made from lego by adults and kids at We Love Lego, 65 Farnan Avenue. Do some building. Eat Lego-themed refreshments. From May 31 to June 15.
3. This selection of photography, entitled Underpass Distractions, is at Victoria Line photo exhibition and part of the High Street Trail.
Ignite Night E17
4. Inspired by DJ Roberts’ neon artwork, creative speakers have minutes to share their passions and ignite a reaction from the audience. Ignite Night E17, Walthamstow Library, High Street, June 3.
The Visitors: Nicola Tree
5. Nicola Tree will capture you on film for The Visitors project. Find out what your E17 Art Trail family looks like! Bygga Bo, Chingford Road, May 31 and June 7.
W.E.: The Warner Project
6. A multimedia exhibition looks at Warner Estate housing and how its distinctive design affects daily lives. The Former Warner Rent Office, 2A Rushbrook Crescent, from May 31.
7. Carol Zilla showcases new pieces from her Urban Wild collection, inspired by the wildlife of Walthamstow. Inky Cuttlefish Studios, Blackhorse Lane, May 31, June 1 and June 7.
Time to Fly
8. Time to Fly features artwork by children celebrating the industrial heritage and early flight of the area. The Mill, 7-11 Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow, from May 29.
New Folk Visionaries
9. Art collective The Pack of Wolves are showcasing an exciting array of 2D and 3D paintings, drawings and stitched work, art objects including painted animal skulls and bones, cross-stitch lonely hearts, prison tattoo embroidery, puppets and film as part of the trail. The Bell, Forest Road, Walthamstow, May 31 until June 15.
Artists' Open Houses
10. Artists’ Open Houses stand at the heart of the Art Trail and this year you can head to Howard Road House for a knitted display, and 15 Upper Walthamstow Road for exhibitions by Sharon Drew, Josh Berry and Mark Snowden, from May 31.
- The E17 Art Trail is taking place in various locations, starting from May 31 until June 15. For full details: www.e17arttrail.co.uk