Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or email us
New building in Forest School named after former pupil Anthony Martin
A building dating back to the Second World War has been demolished to allow a school to progress into the 21st century.
The Manor Building at Forest School in College Place, Snaresbrook, was built in 1944 to replace a building destroyed by a German bomb.
The new building will be named the Martin Building after former pupil Anthony Martin, who has contributed to the cost of the building works.
During his visit to the school before the demolition Mr Martin told of his memories of being a pupil at the school during the 1950s.
He recalled hitting a cricket ball for six and through the window of the Geography master's bedroom in The Manor Building.
The three-storey Martin Building will house the school's digital suite, providing a place for pupils to engage with technology.
The new building and an extension to the Prep School will be completed by September 2013.
Comments are closed on this article.