Fire damages ground floor of Chingford house

A fire engulfed the ground floor of a house.

A person who escaped the blaze before the fire brigade arrived at the address in Ainslie Wood Road, Chingford, at 6.10pm yesterday was treated for minor smoke inhalation by an ambulance crew.

It took firefighters 40 minutes to get the flames under control, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the house.

The London Ambulance Service said it has not recorded the sex or age of the person its paramedics treated.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:17am Fri 22 Feb 13

SpursSupporter1 says...

Could have been much worse if the proposed loss of 1 Fire Appliance at Chingford goes ahead in the recent round of Cut-Backs surely this is the 1 and only reason that when it comes too front line emergency services there is NO room for cut backsand thankfully in this case nobody has been inured or worse thanks too the wonderful emergency services of London
Could have been much worse if the proposed loss of 1 Fire Appliance at Chingford goes ahead in the recent round of Cut-Backs surely this is the 1 and only reason that when it comes too front line emergency services there is NO room for cut backsand thankfully in this case nobody has been inured or worse thanks too the wonderful emergency services of London SpursSupporter1
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Mon 25 Feb 13

red37red says...

if it was Ainslie wood flats owned by ascham homes it would not last 5mins in a fire....
if it was Ainslie wood flats owned by ascham homes it would not last 5mins in a fire.... red37red
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree