Convicted 'Muslim Patrol' attackers' views condemned

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Jordan Horner, 29, of Radbourne Crescent, Walthamstow. Jordan Horner, 29, of Radbourne Crescent, Walthamstow.

A Muslim leader has condemned the beliefs of two men convicted for harassing people on the streets while attempting to impose Sharia law.

Ricardo MacFarlane, 36, of Boyden House in Walthamstow, Jordan Horner, 29, of Radbourne Crescent in Walthamstow, and a 23-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were members of the so-called Muslim Patrol.

They admitted confronting people on the street and harassing them if they were perceived to be acting in a non-Islamic way.

During one incident the group shouted “Kill the non-believers” at a group of men drinking beer in the street, before Horner attacked them.

A leading member of the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) said the pair’s views were outdated and opposed by the vast majority of Muslims.

Executive committee member, Asghar Ali, said: “We do not support their extreme views.

“In my personal opinion they are narrow-minded and they need to grow up.

“Sharia law was used 1,400 years ago to deal with problems of that day and age.

"Life is a million times different to what it was then and these people haven’t grown out of it.”

The jailed pair were members of The Shariah Project, which was behind the patrols on the streets of Waltham Forest.

And despite the conviction, co-founder Abu Rumaysah said the men would be welcomed back into the fold.

He said: “I’m not condemning them outright, but I can’t promote the manner in which it was done.

“The best I can say is that there’s a better way of doing things. I’m not going to condemn them."

Mr Rumaysah acknowledged that the judicial system he espouses includes whipping gamblers, cutting off the hands of thieves and executing homosexuals.

Horner and MacFarlane, who Mr Rumaysah calls by their Muslim names Jamal Uddin and Abdul Hakeem, are due to be sentenced on December 6.

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:41pm Tue 19 Nov 13

Billy Yerache says...

'He said: “I’m not condemning them outright, but I can’t promote the manner in which it was done'

Well here we have it then, all lip service, and he is one of the 'leading members.

I wonder what his reaction would be had some Christians gone around the Borough criticising the wearing of the veil or similar?
'He said: “I’m not condemning them outright, but I can’t promote the manner in which it was done' Well here we have it then, all lip service, and he is one of the 'leading members. I wonder what his reaction would be had some Christians gone around the Borough criticising the wearing of the veil or similar? Billy Yerache

1:29pm Wed 20 Nov 13

RayJay says...

What happened to the earlier comments?
Is this being censored?
What happened to the earlier comments? Is this being censored? RayJay

3:13pm Wed 20 Nov 13

theshariahproject says...

So much for 'freedom of speech'.

@aburumaysah1403
www.theshariahprojec
t.com
So much for 'freedom of speech'. @aburumaysah1403 www.theshariahprojec t.com theshariahproject

4:45pm Wed 20 Nov 13

RayJay says...

They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind!

I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions.
Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions.
This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law.

p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic.
They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind! I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions. Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions. This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law. p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic. RayJay

12:13am Thu 21 Nov 13

RayJay says...

theshariahproject wrote:
So much for 'freedom of speech'.

@aburumaysah1403
www.theshariahprojec

t.com
The Sharia Project are right eo gloat about such overt censorship!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]theshariahproject[/bold] wrote: So much for 'freedom of speech'. @aburumaysah1403 www.theshariahprojec t.com[/p][/quote]The Sharia Project are right eo gloat about such overt censorship!!!!!!! RayJay

9:08am Thu 21 Nov 13

Robert19 says...

RayJay wrote:
They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind!

I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions.
Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions.
This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law.

p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic.
It is there in black and white.
'A Muslim leader (Asghar Ali) has condemned the beliefs of two men convicted for harassing people on the streets while attempting to impose Sharia law.'
It is the co-founder of the Sharia Project who would welcome them back into the fold. No surprise there.
Yes they are very naughty boys, a good way of putting it. I'm more worried about young men being radicalised in more covert ways. We need the wider muslim community to both condemn and report any such attempts through mosques and other networks. Ali Asghar's statement should be supported in exposing attitudes that have no place in modern society.
[quote][p][bold]RayJay[/bold] wrote: They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind! I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions. Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions. This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law. p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic.[/p][/quote]It is there in black and white. 'A Muslim leader (Asghar Ali) has condemned the beliefs of two men convicted for harassing people on the streets while attempting to impose Sharia law.' It is the co-founder of the Sharia Project who would welcome them back into the fold. No surprise there. Yes they are very naughty boys, a good way of putting it. I'm more worried about young men being radicalised in more covert ways. We need the wider muslim community to both condemn and report any such attempts through mosques and other networks. Ali Asghar's statement should be supported in exposing attitudes that have no place in modern society. Robert19

1:41pm Thu 21 Nov 13

RayJay says...

Robert19 wrote:
RayJay wrote:
They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind!

I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions.
Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions.
This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law.

p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic.
It is there in black and white.
'A Muslim leader (Asghar Ali) has condemned the beliefs of two men convicted for harassing people on the streets while attempting to impose Sharia law.'
It is the co-founder of the Sharia Project who would welcome them back into the fold. No surprise there.
Yes they are very naughty boys, a good way of putting it. I'm more worried about young men being radicalised in more covert ways. We need the wider muslim community to both condemn and report any such attempts through mosques and other networks. Ali Asghar's statement should be supported in exposing attitudes that have no place in modern society.
I am sorry Robert19 but the only quote by Ashgar Ali is in quotation marks as follows :-
“We do not support their extreme views.
“In my personal opinion they are narrow-minded and they need to grow up.
“Sharia law was used 1,400 years ago to deal with problems of that day and age.
"Life is a million times different to what it was then and these people haven’t grown out of it.”
I do not see any evidence of condemnation!
[quote][p][bold]Robert19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RayJay[/bold] wrote: They are not the Sharia they are very naughty boys, springs to mind! I cannot see anywhere in the statement that the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) condemns their actions. Until the Waltham Forest Islamic Association (WFIA) openly condemns the actions of these Sharia Project members it would appear that in someway or somepart they support their actions. This IMO puts them in conflict with the law of the land which is based on democracy not Sharia law. p.s. Can an investigation be carried out by the Guardian as to how and why the 1st 6 comments were removed from this topic.[/p][/quote]It is there in black and white. 'A Muslim leader (Asghar Ali) has condemned the beliefs of two men convicted for harassing people on the streets while attempting to impose Sharia law.' It is the co-founder of the Sharia Project who would welcome them back into the fold. No surprise there. Yes they are very naughty boys, a good way of putting it. I'm more worried about young men being radicalised in more covert ways. We need the wider muslim community to both condemn and report any such attempts through mosques and other networks. Ali Asghar's statement should be supported in exposing attitudes that have no place in modern society.[/p][/quote]I am sorry Robert19 but the only quote by Ashgar Ali is in quotation marks as follows :- “We do not support their extreme views. “In my personal opinion they are narrow-minded and they need to grow up. “Sharia law was used 1,400 years ago to deal with problems of that day and age. "Life is a million times different to what it was then and these people haven’t grown out of it.” I do not see any evidence of condemnation! RayJay

4:26pm Thu 21 Nov 13

Robert19 says...

Well it is hardly supportive of their actions in fact highly critical. The reporter sees it as a condemnation. I would agree. You don't always need the words 'I condemn' to condemn something.
Well it is hardly supportive of their actions in fact highly critical. The reporter sees it as a condemnation. I would agree. You don't always need the words 'I condemn' to condemn something. Robert19

7:03pm Thu 21 Nov 13

robert39077 says...

Bloody Anjum choudry followers.
Bloody Anjum choudry followers. robert39077

12:05am Fri 22 Nov 13

RayJay says...

Robert19 wrote:
Well it is hardly supportive of their actions in fact highly critical. The reporter sees it as a condemnation. I would agree. You don't always need the words 'I condemn' to condemn something.
Your right there are lots of other words other than condemn but none of these were used either. The only thing that is said is they don't support their actions, which, is a slight step to disassociate themselves from the Sharia project group, but they don't condemn it hence my comment about being naughty boys.
The reporter's opinion is that it is condemnation, but since when did reporter's opinions create headlines?
I am very sceptical about what is happening here, firstly the headline is a reporter's opinion and not fact, and secondly the 1st 6 comments go missing.
What is happening at the Guardian?
[quote][p][bold]Robert19[/bold] wrote: Well it is hardly supportive of their actions in fact highly critical. The reporter sees it as a condemnation. I would agree. You don't always need the words 'I condemn' to condemn something.[/p][/quote]Your right there are lots of other words other than condemn but none of these were used either. The only thing that is said is they don't support their actions, which, is a slight step to disassociate themselves from the Sharia project group, but they don't condemn it hence my comment about being naughty boys. The reporter's opinion is that it is condemnation, but since when did reporter's opinions create headlines? I am very sceptical about what is happening here, firstly the headline is a reporter's opinion and not fact, and secondly the 1st 6 comments go missing. What is happening at the Guardian? RayJay

10:47pm Fri 22 Nov 13

redstokie says...

Let us not be finding disunity when there is none. I have condemned these characters and so does the Ashgar Ali of the Waltham Forest Islamic Association. The only one who should be castigated is

Abu Rumaysahra for his barely concealed support. He is a hypocritical defender of thuggery and should be treated with the contempt he deserves
Let us not be finding disunity when there is none. I have condemned these characters and so does the Ashgar Ali of the Waltham Forest Islamic Association. The only one who should be castigated is Abu Rumaysahra for his barely concealed support. He is a hypocritical defender of thuggery and should be treated with the contempt he deserves redstokie

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree