Hooded raiders caught on camera

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: The raiders recorded on CCTV The raiders recorded on CCTV

A school raided by thieves has re-opened as new CCTV images of those responsible are released.

Epping St John’s in Bury Lane, Epping, was closed yesterday following the break-in overnight, which resulted in about 50 iPads and thousands of pounds stolen from safes.

It is believed the raiders may have had inside knowledge of where valuables were stored as they targeted specific rooms.

The new CCTV images show a group of four masked and hooded men in the school corridors, with some holding crowbars.

The raiders damaged 29 doors during the raid, which will all need replacing.

Headteacher George Yersoimou said: “We have enough capacity to allow the children back in.

“Some classrooms may have to be used without the doors on.”

Mr Yersoimou ordered security staff to stay at the school overnight to deter vandals and criminals.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:07am Tue 3 Dec 13

TTMAN says...

If these thieves are not picked up within 48 hours I would be truly amazed as these pics are clear.
If these thieves are not picked up within 48 hours I would be truly amazed as these pics are clear. TTMAN

11:58am Tue 3 Dec 13

Jcee** says...

As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday.

As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud!
As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday. As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud! Jcee**

1:17pm Tue 3 Dec 13

Billy Yerache says...

Jcee** wrote:
As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday.

As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud!
Ask him why the safe was not locked?
[quote][p][bold]Jcee**[/bold] wrote: As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday. As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud![/p][/quote]Ask him why the safe was not locked? Billy Yerache

1:31pm Tue 3 Dec 13

Jcee** says...

Billy Yerache wrote:
Jcee** wrote:
As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday.

As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud!
Ask him why the safe was not locked?
surely that is for the police and insurance company to decide if there was any wrong-doing in respect of the safe.
[quote][p][bold]Billy Yerache[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jcee**[/bold] wrote: As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday. As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud![/p][/quote]Ask him why the safe was not locked?[/p][/quote]surely that is for the police and insurance company to decide if there was any wrong-doing in respect of the safe. Jcee**

2:07pm Tue 3 Dec 13

Billy Yerache says...

Jcee** wrote:
Billy Yerache wrote:
Jcee** wrote:
As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday.

As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud!
Ask him why the safe was not locked?
surely that is for the police and insurance company to decide if there was any wrong-doing in respect of the safe.
I thought it would be for Mr Jerosimou as well as he is Headmaster and should know and make heads roll if there was a procedure not followed?
[quote][p][bold]Jcee**[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy Yerache[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jcee**[/bold] wrote: As a parent of a child at ESJ i'd like to say a big well done to Mr Yerosimou for the way he dealt with everything and coped yesterday. As for the perpetrators, pure scum, I hope their parents are proud![/p][/quote]Ask him why the safe was not locked?[/p][/quote]surely that is for the police and insurance company to decide if there was any wrong-doing in respect of the safe.[/p][/quote]I thought it would be for Mr Jerosimou as well as he is Headmaster and should know and make heads roll if there was a procedure not followed? Billy Yerache

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree