Chigwell Parish Council and Essex Police could soon fund 24/7 coverage of the Limes Farm Estate

Police could move back onto estate

Police could move back onto estate

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter, covering Walthamstow, Leyton and Leytonstone. Call me on 07768 507 739

Police officers could move back onto an estate following a recent stabbing if a funding agreement is reached.

Last night, Councillor John Knapman said officers could be stationed on the Limes Farm Estate 24 hours a day in the future of Chigwell Parish Council contributed to the costs.

He made the announcement at the town’s Neighbourhood Action Panel.

It follows the attack on the teenager on December 9, just yards from an unmanned police station.

Mr Knapman said police have informed him that they would consider matching council funding for a presence at the station.

Councillors also said during the evening that they are very concerned over police response times for the area.

The parish council is to consider the suggestion at its next meeting.
 

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:53am Fri 10 Jan 14

mickbear88 says...

Do it! Funding seems to be no problem when it is needed for the protection of criminal scum and their obscene human rights privileges. And it's about time the regime of courts treating victims of crime with contempt and offenders like heroes was changed. Throw left wing nonsense out of the window!
Do it! Funding seems to be no problem when it is needed for the protection of criminal scum and their obscene human rights privileges. And it's about time the regime of courts treating victims of crime with contempt and offenders like heroes was changed. Throw left wing nonsense out of the window! mickbear88
  • Score: 9

8:09pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Manicminder says...

What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more.
Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises!
What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more. Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises! Manicminder
  • Score: 4

12:44am Sat 11 Jan 14

escapefrome17 says...

Manicminder wrote:
What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more.
Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises!
The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it.
[quote][p][bold]Manicminder[/bold] wrote: What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more. Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises![/p][/quote]The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it. escapefrome17
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Sat 11 Jan 14

Upshirehorse says...

escapefrome17 wrote:
Manicminder wrote:
What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more.
Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises!
The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it.
When Knapman speaks he usually sends everyone present to sleep, an incredibly boring man.
[quote][p][bold]escapefrome17[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Manicminder[/bold] wrote: What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more. Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises![/p][/quote]The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it.[/p][/quote]When Knapman speaks he usually sends everyone present to sleep, an incredibly boring man. Upshirehorse
  • Score: 3

4:44pm Sun 12 Jan 14

jackblack007 says...

Upshirehorse wrote:
escapefrome17 wrote:
Manicminder wrote:
What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more.
Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises!
The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it.
When Knapman speaks he usually sends everyone present to sleep, an incredibly boring man.
Well sadly, johnathan ross was unavailable to become a local councillor, may i suggest if you want to be entertained, then you try the circus or failing that , try whufc, a few clowns there too
[quote][p][bold]Upshirehorse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]escapefrome17[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Manicminder[/bold] wrote: What Cllr Knapman actually said at that public meeting was that if the people of Chigwell ALL paid a little extra Council tax (say £1) each, then extra police cover may be found. He needs to consult with the people of Chigwell to see if that is what they ALL want and if people can AFFORD to pay more. Cllr Knapman please consult properly with the people of Chigwell and then listen to them. Stop making empty promises![/p][/quote]The people of Chigwell won't give a monkeys.....slime farm was dumped basically in Hainault, as far away from 'nice' Chigwell as possible, it's Chigwell, but not as we know it.[/p][/quote]When Knapman speaks he usually sends everyone present to sleep, an incredibly boring man.[/p][/quote]Well sadly, johnathan ross was unavailable to become a local councillor, may i suggest if you want to be entertained, then you try the circus or failing that , try whufc, a few clowns there too jackblack007
  • Score: -3

7:05am Mon 13 Jan 14

pan says...

I personally agree with Upshirehorse.

And who in their right mind would want Woss?
I personally agree with Upshirehorse. And who in their right mind would want Woss? pan
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree