Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Barkingside fire

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Police believe the fire was started by an electrical fault Police believe the fire was started by an electrical fault

A man rescued from a house blaze is in a 'life threatening' condition in hospital.

Police confirmed the 53-year-old man was being treated for smoke inhalation and extensive burns, and the early evidence suggests the fire was started by an electrical fault.

A total of 21 firefighters tackled the blaze on the ground floor of a semi-detached house in Princes Road, Barkingside, this morning.

The victim was flown to the Royal London Hospital by air ambulance and is due to move to a specialist burns unit.

London Fire Brigade were called to the scene at 8.39am and the fire was put out by 9.48am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree