Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or upload here
A 53-year-old man was rescued from a fire in Princes Road, Barkingside, but suffered extensive burns and smoke inhalation
A man who was left fighting for his life after a flat fire in Barkingside on Monday has died.
The 53-year-old died in hospital on Friday after he was rescued from the flat by firefighters and treated for extensive burns and smoke inhalation.
Firefighters arrived at the Princes Road flat at around 8.40am on Monday and found the man unconscious in a communal hallway of the semi-detached property.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by air ambulance.
The fire started accidentally and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Comments are closed on this article.