A 53-year-old man was rescued from a fire in Princes Road, Barkingside, but suffered extensive burns and smoke inhalation

Police at the scene of the fire on Monday.

Police at the scene of the fire on Monday.

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A man who was left fighting for his life after a flat fire in Barkingside on Monday has died.

The 53-year-old died in hospital on Friday after he was rescued from the flat by firefighters and treated for extensive burns and smoke inhalation.

Firefighters arrived at the Princes Road flat at around 8.40am on Monday and found the man unconscious in a communal hallway of the semi-detached property.

He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by air ambulance.

The fire started accidentally and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree