Epping Forest District Council backs carbon monoxide safety campaign

Carbon monoxide can come from any fuel-burning appliance.

Carbon monoxide can come from any fuel-burning appliance.

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

Residents are being urged to take safety measures against a potentially deadly gas.

Epping Forest District Council says carbon monoxide, which has no smell, colour or taste, can be produced by any fuel-burning appliance, and without adequate ventilation can kill.

People are being encouraged to install carbon monoxide alarms in their homes, as research shows many households are currently without one.

The authority is backing the carbon monoxide – be alarmed! campaign.

Visit www.co-bealarmed.co.uk for more information.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree