Neighbours have described a house catch fire in their street.
It happened in Long Green, Chigwell, at just after 8am yesterday
About 50 percent of the ground floor of the terraced house was damaged, according to the Fire Brigade.
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation, but no one was taken to hospital.
Emma Weaver, 27, lives two doors down from the property and said: “I could see all the smoke coming out of the windows.
“The back of the house has all gone black and I thought it was going to spread into my next door neighbour’s house.
"It was lucky no one was hurt."
Ms Weaver said a family-of-four live in the property, but only the mother was at home at the time.
Daniel Callaway, who lives opposite the property, said: “It looked bad. Smoke was coming out of the windows upstairs and the front door.
“I was worried that it had happened during the night and it looked serious.”
The fire was put out within 45 minutes.