Dr Ivan Cohen on King Solomon High School governors' decision to appoint Jo Shuter

Dr Ivan Cohen speaking out against the governors of King Solomon High School's decision to appoint Jo Shuter.

Dr Ivan Cohen speaking out against the governors of King Solomon High School's decision to appoint Jo Shuter.

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter - Wanstead & Woodford

Dr Ivan Cohen has a son at Barkingside's King Solomon High School.

He is speaking out about the governors' decision to appoint Jo Shuter who was banned from teaching for expenses abuses.

 

 

Do you have a burning issue you want to speak out about? Contact reporter Douglas Patient by emailing douglas.patient@london.newsquest.co.uk

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:13am Sun 18 May 14

Villagecranberry says...

Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall.

How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking.

Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have.

Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed.
Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall. How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking. Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have. Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 5

11:12am Sun 18 May 14

jackblack007 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall.

How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking.

Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have.

Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed.
here we go ,, the site cretin is back with the same old same old , why dont you stick to commenting on things like wimpy bars and walthamstow dog track. i bet you never even heard of the trinity hm before the story was published. if you did then its pretty obvious who you are !!!
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall. How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking. Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have. Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed.[/p][/quote]here we go ,, the site cretin is back with the same old same old , why dont you stick to commenting on things like wimpy bars and walthamstow dog track. i bet you never even heard of the trinity hm before the story was published. if you did then its pretty obvious who you are !!! jackblack007
  • Score: -9

12:16pm Sun 18 May 14

Villagecranberry says...

jackblack007 wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall.

How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking.

Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have.

Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed.
here we go ,, the site cretin is back with the same old same old , why dont you stick to commenting on things like wimpy bars and walthamstow dog track. i bet you never even heard of the trinity hm before the story was published. if you did then its pretty obvious who you are !!!
Rather than swerving the issue here, can you please justify your adoration and support for Shuter who has been found guilty of misappropriation of School funds, buying mobile phones for her family, spending seven thousand pounds of school money on her own birthday party and other siphoning off of school money for her own benefit?

Why did you support the petition to reinstate her and use the excuse that she is a fantastic teacher to justify her remaining and reinstatement? It makes no sense at all unless you are of course Shuter!

Do not seek to bolster your arguments by insults, just address the points that everyone is long to hear from you. Why do you worship the ground that Shuter walks on?

As for Trinity School, I know very well this oversubscribed popular Catholic Institution having lived in Walthamstow for years and having attended Bancroft as a student for several years as it is practically next door.
[quote][p][bold]jackblack007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: Never a truer word said Dr. Cohen. It really is beyond belief how those behind the petition thought that there were no impropriety regarding Shuter when the writing was already on the wall. How good a teacher she is does not come into it. One wonders what kind of rationale they applied with their misguided thinking. Even on the threads of the articles relation to these news items on the subject, there are contributors like Jackblack007 who thinks that there was nothing wrong in retaining this crook as a head teacher at the school because of her track record as a head which is obviously a ridiculous stance to have. Dr. Doherty is a well experience man to steer this school along until a permanent replacement is appointed.[/p][/quote]here we go ,, the site cretin is back with the same old same old , why dont you stick to commenting on things like wimpy bars and walthamstow dog track. i bet you never even heard of the trinity hm before the story was published. if you did then its pretty obvious who you are !!![/p][/quote]Rather than swerving the issue here, can you please justify your adoration and support for Shuter who has been found guilty of misappropriation of School funds, buying mobile phones for her family, spending seven thousand pounds of school money on her own birthday party and other siphoning off of school money for her own benefit? Why did you support the petition to reinstate her and use the excuse that she is a fantastic teacher to justify her remaining and reinstatement? It makes no sense at all unless you are of course Shuter! Do not seek to bolster your arguments by insults, just address the points that everyone is long to hear from you. Why do you worship the ground that Shuter walks on? As for Trinity School, I know very well this oversubscribed popular Catholic Institution having lived in Walthamstow for years and having attended Bancroft as a student for several years as it is practically next door. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 5

1:44pm Sun 18 May 14

jackblack007 says...

your a liar, i did not support no petition, where do you make this nonsense up fool !

there was a meeting with all the year parents. in this meeting she said and i quote '' there are 2 sides to every story '' her words .

the case had not been proven against her. I do not know what discussions she had with the school governors .

how many more times do you need to be told this.

do you have a problem , that needs special attention .

she was found guilty and dismissed. i dont have a problem .

she was a good teacher , the fact she was a thief has been her downfall.


now go away you silly little man
your a liar, i did not support no petition, where do you make this nonsense up fool ! there was a meeting with all the year parents. in this meeting she said and i quote '' there are 2 sides to every story '' her words . the case had not been proven against her. I do not know what discussions she had with the school governors . how many more times do you need to be told this. do you have a problem , that needs special attention . she was found guilty and dismissed. i dont have a problem . she was a good teacher , the fact she was a thief has been her downfall. now go away you silly little man jackblack007
  • Score: -4

12:08am Mon 19 May 14

Villagecranberry says...

jackblack007 wrote:
your a liar, i did not support no petition, where do you make this nonsense up fool !

there was a meeting with all the year parents. in this meeting she said and i quote '' there are 2 sides to every story '' her words .

the case had not been proven against her. I do not know what discussions she had with the school governors .

how many more times do you need to be told this.

do you have a problem , that needs special attention .

she was found guilty and dismissed. i dont have a problem .

she was a good teacher , the fact she was a thief has been her downfall.


now go away you silly little man
Fare from 'lying' as you allege , what is this all about then?

1:36pm Fri 16 May 14
jackblack007 says...

(Quote: Jackblack007)
'your idiotic comments are irrelevant , if you knew anything about the ; shuter' case , you'd of put them on the thread you clown'

I know an awful lot about the 'Shuter case'. It is 1:36pm Fri 16 May 14
jackblack007 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
Dr. Doherty is true quality and would never engage in the kind of activity and thieving that the sacked '7 grand for my part' Shuter got involved in.

Now Jackblack007, this is the kind of head teacher you should be putting on a pedestal as an example to your children not revering and ingratiating yourself to crooks like Shuter.
your idiotic comments are irrelevant , if you knew anything about the ; shuter' case , you'd of put them on the thread you clown
documented and she has been banned from teaching for life.

So now will you kindly explain your reasoning for asking for he reinstatement and supporting the petition to 'save' her. The only clown is you, as nobody in their right mind would want a crook teaching their children.
[quote][p][bold]jackblack007[/bold] wrote: your a liar, i did not support no petition, where do you make this nonsense up fool ! there was a meeting with all the year parents. in this meeting she said and i quote '' there are 2 sides to every story '' her words . the case had not been proven against her. I do not know what discussions she had with the school governors . how many more times do you need to be told this. do you have a problem , that needs special attention . she was found guilty and dismissed. i dont have a problem . she was a good teacher , the fact she was a thief has been her downfall. now go away you silly little man[/p][/quote]Fare from 'lying' as you allege , what is this all about then? 1:36pm Fri 16 May 14 jackblack007 says... (Quote: Jackblack007) 'your idiotic comments are irrelevant , if you knew anything about the ; shuter' case , you'd of put them on the thread you clown' I know an awful lot about the 'Shuter case'. It is 1:36pm Fri 16 May 14 jackblack007 says... Villagecranberry wrote: Dr. Doherty is true quality and would never engage in the kind of activity and thieving that the sacked '7 grand for my part' Shuter got involved in. Now Jackblack007, this is the kind of head teacher you should be putting on a pedestal as an example to your children not revering and ingratiating yourself to crooks like Shuter. your idiotic comments are irrelevant , if you knew anything about the ; shuter' case , you'd of put them on the thread you clown documented and she has been banned from teaching for life. So now will you kindly explain your reasoning for asking for he reinstatement and supporting the petition to 'save' her. The only clown is you, as nobody in their right mind would want a crook teaching their children. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 2

1:03pm Mon 19 May 14

jackblack007 says...

are you utterly stupid,
i never asked for her re instatement . show me where i say she should be re instated .


silly little man
are you utterly stupid, i never asked for her re instatement . show me where i say she should be re instated . silly little man jackblack007
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree