Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or upload here
Where to watch the World Cup in Wanstead and Woodford
The World Cup kicks off in Brazil this evening and pubs and clubs in Wanstead and Woodford are preparig for a surge in trade.
England play their group matches on Saturday at 11pm against Italy, next Thursday against Uruguay, and against Costa Rica on June 24.
Here is the Guardian's list of ten places to watch the England games:
1. The Wanstead Tap in Winchelsea Road, Wanstead: This year's Masterchef semi-finalist Michael Sanders will be guest at the England games, cooking gourmet pork pies. The pub will also offer 105 different beers.
2. The Duke in Nightingale Lane, Wanstead: A themed £22 '4-4-2' menu will be offered for the England games. On Saturday half the menu will be English food and half Italian, with four choices for starter, four for main and two for dessert.
3. Woodford Green Cricket Club in High Road, Woodford Green, is offering £20 for entry and five drinks tokens. Reserved seats to watch the game cost £35, with five drinks tokens and nibbles at half time. it is £50 a head for a sit down meal before the game, reserved seats, five drinks tokens and nibbles at half time.
4. Railway Bell in George Lane, South Woodford, will have nine plasma screens, including a 50-inch HD screen outside with a BBQ being offered during the England games.
5. The Horse and Well in High Road, South Woodford, is showing every game of the tournament, with BBQs planned for the England games.
6. The Slug and Lettuce in George Lane, South Woodford is offering themed hot dogs for £5.95 each including the English Bull Dog, The American New Yorkie and the Brazilian Salsa Dog.
7. Rose and Crown in Mill Lane, Woodford Green, will have a large plasma TV in its beer garden.
8. New Fairlop Oak in Fencepiece Road, Barkingside, is showing every game and the pub is decorated with flags and banners.
9. Toby Cavery, in Hollybush Hill, Snaresbrook has special offers on drinks during the World Cup, including three pints of Stella Artois for £7, Four bottles of Budweiser for £10 and three bottles of Bulmers for £9.99
10. Bar Room Bar in High Road, Wanstead has a win a bucket of Budweiser offer tonight for the first game between Brazil and Croatia, if you like and share their Facebook page.
Comments are closed on this article.