The Epping Forest Guardian looks back at the biggest stories of the week.

Click on the links to read the full stories.

Story one

A reggae lover could face five years in jail if she plays loud music at her home again.

Chrissie Holyoak, 53, of Boxted Close in Buckhurst Hill, was effectively banned from playing any more music at home unless she listens to it through headphones.

Holyoak was found guilty by a jury at Chelmsford Crown Court yesterday of six offences of breaching an earlier anti social behaviour order (ASBO) by playing loud music between July 1 and August 27 last year.

Story two

A cafe chain could face legal action after it emerged three of its cafes are under investigation by council inspectors.

Belgique in High Road, Loughton, is currently rated one out of five for food hygiene by the Food Standards Agency and branches in Epping and Theydon Bois are now also subject to regular visits from environmental health officers.

Epping Forest District Council carried out the inspections but has not given the reasons for the poor rating.

Story three

“We had no idea he was comedian. He was always quiet and didn’t mix with the lads or with women but he was always very polite.”

These are the words of a 94-year-old D-Day veteran who helped launch the career of comedian Benny Hill, having served with him during the Second World War.

Eric Thurston from Theydon Park Road, Theydon Bois, first encountered the comedian as a reserved and respectful 17-year-old driver when he was assigned to his Army unit in 1942.

Story four

A Britain’s Got Talent finalist is set to go it alone with the release of a solo album.

Charlotte Jaconelli, who was runner up in the competition in 2012 with partner Jonathan Antonie, has released her first solo album, Solitaire.

The 18 year-old, who lives at her with her Mum in Chigwell, said: “The plan was always that eventually we would do things on our own.”

Story five

An A&E doctor who washed his feet in front of a patient has been banned from practising.

When asked what he was doing by the patient at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow he told them to "shut up".

This was one of a string of offences between 2009 to 2011 found by the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service to have happened.