Driver of silver BMW drove off from Walthamstow petrol station without paying for £35 fuel

Suspect 154014

Suspect 154014

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter, covering Chingford, Highams Park and Woodford. Call me on 07795 476 625

Police in Waltham Forest have released a CCTV image of a petrol thief. 

Suspect 154041 is wanted in connection with theft at the Esso petrol station in Markhouse Road, Walthamstow, on July 5 at around 8.40pm. 

The driver of the silver BMW filled up £35 worth of fuel before driving off the forecourt without paying. 

This CCTV image has been released to the Guardian as part of a joint venture with the Metropolitan Police to identify potential perpetrators of unsolved crimes in the borough.

Anyone with information is asked contact Waltham Forest police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:44am Mon 11 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

To describe him as a 'thief' is premature.

Some people forget to pay, the person is a suspect until the intent is proven.

These 'offences' are as a result of greedy petrol companies doing away with the job of an attendant who would fill ones car, check the oil and tyre pressures and of course take the payment. They cut corners and have these instances of 'drive outs'.

If they adopted a universal policy of pay before you take petrol, it would save the police a great deal of time.
To describe him as a 'thief' is premature. Some people forget to pay, the person is a suspect until the intent is proven. These 'offences' are as a result of greedy petrol companies doing away with the job of an attendant who would fill ones car, check the oil and tyre pressures and of course take the payment. They cut corners and have these instances of 'drive outs'. If they adopted a universal policy of pay before you take petrol, it would save the police a great deal of time. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -8

11:42am Mon 11 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue

P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????
Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel?????? tjm01
  • Score: 5

2:25pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Quintilius says...

I thought all petrol stations keep a log of the registration plates of all cars that fill up or am I just naive?
I thought all petrol stations keep a log of the registration plates of all cars that fill up or am I just naive? Quintilius
  • Score: 3

2:33pm Mon 11 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

Most petrol stns have A.N.P.R technology, however if the vehicle is stolen or has false plates fitted there is no way of traceing the driver,unless of course as dear old villagecranberry suggests he forgot to pay and is therefore innocent
Most petrol stns have A.N.P.R technology, however if the vehicle is stolen or has false plates fitted there is no way of traceing the driver,unless of course as dear old villagecranberry suggests he forgot to pay and is therefore innocent tjm01
  • Score: 3

6:25pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

tjm01 wrote:
Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue

P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????
I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay.

If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.
[quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????[/p][/quote]I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -3

8:41pm Mon 11 Aug 14

stickmanny says...

I thought you didn't believe any police statistics, guess you were lying about that all along.

Or maybe you just forgot
I thought you didn't believe any police statistics, guess you were lying about that all along. Or maybe you just forgot stickmanny
  • Score: 3

6:25am Tue 12 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
tjm01 wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????
I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.
I dont belive you, whenever you comment on an article you have a friend who knows this or a friend who knows that, now you claim to know an awful lot of people who have forgotten to pay for fuel, I think your lying(again), and then to top it all you quote police statistics which you keep telling us are manipulated,and you have the cheek to call me daft, well I am certainly not daft enough to belive you
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????[/p][/quote]I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.[/p][/quote]I dont belive you, whenever you comment on an article you have a friend who knows this or a friend who knows that, now you claim to know an awful lot of people who have forgotten to pay for fuel, I think your lying(again), and then to top it all you quote police statistics which you keep telling us are manipulated,and you have the cheek to call me daft, well I am certainly not daft enough to belive you tjm01
  • Score: 3

3:31pm Tue 12 Aug 14

VillageIdiot69 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
tjm01 wrote:
Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue

P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????
I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay.

If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.
That's not strictly true.

A lot of the petrol stations restrict the amount of fuel that certain pumps can give out in order to stop exactly this sort of thing happening.

For instance, both Tesco Express petrol stations both have several pumps that stop at around the £25/£35 mark.
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????[/p][/quote]I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.[/p][/quote]That's not strictly true. A lot of the petrol stations restrict the amount of fuel that certain pumps can give out in order to stop exactly this sort of thing happening. For instance, both Tesco Express petrol stations both have several pumps that stop at around the £25/£35 mark. VillageIdiot69
  • Score: 1

5:44pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
I thought you didn't believe any police statistics, guess you were lying about that all along.

Or maybe you just forgot
I don't, but you do, so you can't have it both ways can you. Believe me or believe the police.
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: I thought you didn't believe any police statistics, guess you were lying about that all along. Or maybe you just forgot[/p][/quote]I don't, but you do, so you can't have it both ways can you. Believe me or believe the police. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -1

5:46pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

tjm01 wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
tjm01 wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????
I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.
I dont belive you, whenever you comment on an article you have a friend who knows this or a friend who knows that, now you claim to know an awful lot of people who have forgotten to pay for fuel, I think your lying(again), and then to top it all you quote police statistics which you keep telling us are manipulated,and you have the cheek to call me daft, well I am certainly not daft enough to belive you
Well like I told Stickmanny, you cannot have it both ways.
[quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: Another example of the clap trap you spout off, petrol stns are not owned by the petrol companies, the vast majority are franchised, therefore the petrol companies have no say in weather there are pump attendants employed, added to that the cost of employing such people would have at some stage be added to the cost of fuel, the current system works fine, the people who fill up and drive off are the issue P.S how many people do you know who have forgotten to pay for fuel??????[/p][/quote]I know an awful lot who have forgotten to pay. If you look at the police statistics there are thousands who forget and the reported crime is written off. This is the point, the police are chasing around drivers many of which have just been forgetful. Especially when it is small amounts. If they were going to do a runner intentionally they would fill up to the brim.[/p][/quote]I dont belive you, whenever you comment on an article you have a friend who knows this or a friend who knows that, now you claim to know an awful lot of people who have forgotten to pay for fuel, I think your lying(again), and then to top it all you quote police statistics which you keep telling us are manipulated,and you have the cheek to call me daft, well I am certainly not daft enough to belive you[/p][/quote]Well like I told Stickmanny, you cannot have it both ways. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree