Children dressed in red silk robes celebrated by throwing mini mortarboards into the air

A special ceremony for parents and staff was held in the nursery's main hall

A special ceremony for parents and staff was held in the nursery's main hall

First published in News
Last updated
East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter - Waltham Forest

A nursery in Leyton has held a special graduation ceremony as a farewell to children. 

Staff at Kids Aloud Daycare Nursery dressed children in red silk robes and mortarboards to mark the end of their time at the nursery. 

The majority of children, aged three and four, had been at the nursery since they were six months old. 

Each child was presented with a certificate and a journal of their time at the nursery, which is based inside the methodist church.

Manager Samantha Hill said: "We were able to celebrate this special time together along with the children, their peers and their families remembering all of the special memories and moments we have had together.

"We wish all of the children well in the next stage of their development moving on to ‘big school’".  

 

 

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:20pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

Quite pathetic.
Quite pathetic. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -6

6:08am Tue 12 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony
What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony tjm01
  • Score: 2

7:56am Tue 12 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

tjm01 wrote:
What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony
Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained.

University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling.

Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts.
[quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony[/p][/quote]Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained. University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling. Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -4

8:26am Tue 12 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
tjm01 wrote: What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony
Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained. University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling. Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts.
You complete and utter idiot, clearly Samantha Hill and her team thought the idea of a'graduation ceremony' would be entertaining not only for the children but also for the parents, these children are four years of age and together with their parents and the staff at The Kids Aloud Daycare Nursery are enjoying a ceremony to mark the end of their time at the nursery nothing more, I have had the misfortune to have read some of your posts(and lies) in the past but this is without doubt the most idiotic to date, read the article its about kids enjoying themselves
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony[/p][/quote]Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained. University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling. Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts.[/p][/quote]You complete and utter idiot, clearly Samantha Hill and her team thought the idea of a'graduation ceremony' would be entertaining not only for the children but also for the parents, these children are four years of age and together with their parents and the staff at The Kids Aloud Daycare Nursery are enjoying a ceremony to mark the end of their time at the nursery nothing more, I have had the misfortune to have read some of your posts(and lies) in the past but this is without doubt the most idiotic to date, read the article its about kids enjoying themselves tjm01
  • Score: 5

8:45am Tue 12 Aug 14

Villagecranberry says...

tjm01 wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
tjm01 wrote: What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony
Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained. University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling. Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts.
You complete and utter idiot, clearly Samantha Hill and her team thought the idea of a'graduation ceremony' would be entertaining not only for the children but also for the parents, these children are four years of age and together with their parents and the staff at The Kids Aloud Daycare Nursery are enjoying a ceremony to mark the end of their time at the nursery nothing more, I have had the misfortune to have read some of your posts(and lies) in the past but this is without doubt the most idiotic to date, read the article its about kids enjoying themselves
'Four years of age'

You are entirely correct.

That is about all.
[quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tjm01[/bold] wrote: What a brilliant idea,the smiles on those childrens faces clearly show they enjoyed ever moment of the special graduation ceremony[/p][/quote]Kids of that age laugh at anything , they do not need a 'graduation ceremony' to be entertained. University is not for everybody. If this is a ploy to feather the future nests of those on huge salaries in academia then it is appalling. Some people can achieve great success without having to spend 3 years or more building up huge debts.[/p][/quote]You complete and utter idiot, clearly Samantha Hill and her team thought the idea of a'graduation ceremony' would be entertaining not only for the children but also for the parents, these children are four years of age and together with their parents and the staff at The Kids Aloud Daycare Nursery are enjoying a ceremony to mark the end of their time at the nursery nothing more, I have had the misfortune to have read some of your posts(and lies) in the past but this is without doubt the most idiotic to date, read the article its about kids enjoying themselves[/p][/quote]'Four years of age' You are entirely correct. That is about all. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -5

12:39pm Tue 12 Aug 14

tjm01 says...

All TRUE though, not a lie in sight
All TRUE though, not a lie in sight tjm01
  • Score: 3

10:40am Wed 13 Aug 14

lifeisgood123 says...

I attended this party as my son was participating and it was great to see little kids having fun with their closest friends before they go off to different schools. The smile on their faces was enough to make all parents both happy and proud. It was a great way to end their journey in nursery and send them off to reception. Thanks Kids Aloud.
I attended this party as my son was participating and it was great to see little kids having fun with their closest friends before they go off to different schools. The smile on their faces was enough to make all parents both happy and proud. It was a great way to end their journey in nursery and send them off to reception. Thanks Kids Aloud. lifeisgood123
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree