People campaigning against a decision not to replace a diving board in a rebuilt sports centre said they hope the plans will be thoroughly scrutinised by a planning committee next week.
A decision on a £23million proposal to demolish and replace facilities at Waltham Forest Pool & Track in Chingford Road will be made on Tuesday.
Parents of children who used the popular, existing high-diving facilities have criticised a plan to not replace a 5m board, saying it will be sorely missed as its vital to training and development.
Ian Capes, whose daughter used the boards, said parents and users had been ignored.
“I hope that now that the plans are going to the committee they will come under some proper scrutiny,” he said.
“It is the long term users of this pool that have had no say in the plans whatsoever.
A petition set up by Suzanne Mason, whose two daughters are members of the centre’s diving club, has attracted 641 signatures.
Chingford MP Iain Duncan Smith and Olympic diver Pete Waterfield have both spoken out against plans.
The council say the new centre will provide a broader range of facilities and divers can travel to the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park.
The meeting will take place at the town hall from 7pm.