WALTHAM FOREST: Borough eighth in 'environment league'

WALTHAM Forest is the tenth greenest borough in London, according to a new league table.

The ranking combines figures from Government departments in 16 categories, including energy use in households, carbon dioxide emissions, quantitles of waste and recycling, and traffic levels.

The borough has the third lowest level of CO2 emissions per person in London - 4.21 tonnes - and was only beaten by Hackney and Redbridge.

But the amount of waste generated by each household in Waltham Forest ranks it as the 28th worst out of the 33 London boroughs.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:36pm Wed 9 Jun 10

sensibility says...

Its amazing what you can do with numbers
Its amazing what you can do with numbers sensibility

6:34am Thu 10 Jun 10

rubberneck says...

All adds up to zero.

Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.
All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum. rubberneck

2:46pm Thu 10 Jun 10

Earle Martin says...

rubberneck wrote:
All adds up to zero.

Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.
It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website.
[quote][p][bold]rubberneck[/bold] wrote: All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.[/p][/quote]It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website. Earle Martin

3:11pm Thu 10 Jun 10

Helen, Walthamstow says...

Earle Martin wrote:
rubberneck wrote: All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.
It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website.
I expect rubberneck will be changing his name again soon. There are too many people on to him now.
[quote][p][bold]Earle Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rubberneck[/bold] wrote: All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.[/p][/quote]It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website.[/p][/quote]I expect rubberneck will be changing his name again soon. There are too many people on to him now. Helen, Walthamstow

12:09am Fri 11 Jun 10

Techno2 says...

Helen, Walthamstow wrote:
Earle Martin wrote:
rubberneck wrote: All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.
It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website.
I expect rubberneck will be changing his name again soon. There are too many people on to him now.
I quite like all his (or her) different incarnations. Mr Khalid was my favourite though.
[quote][p][bold]Helen, Walthamstow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Earle Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rubberneck[/bold] wrote: All adds up to zero. Why do they not stop all this useless statistical information as part as the cost cutting measures that will be an interesting sum.[/p][/quote]It would be more useful if you stopped spewing gibberish on the comments sections of stories on this website.[/p][/quote]I expect rubberneck will be changing his name again soon. There are too many people on to him now.[/p][/quote]I quite like all his (or her) different incarnations. Mr Khalid was my favourite though. Techno2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree