Chimney in Thornwood, near Epping, catches fire on Christmas Eve

CHRISTMAS Eve ended in disaster for one householder after a chimney caught fire.

Smoke filled the attic of the house in Thornwood High Road, near Epping, after the fire was discovered shortly after 7pm.

Fire fighters spent nearly five hours tackling the fire, which they said was in a hard-to-reach part of the chimney, and cut away part of the skirting board inside the house.

They stayed on the scene tackling hotspots until 11.45pm and returned in the early hours of Christmas morning to check the house was safe.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:12pm Thu 27 Dec 12

Cornbeefur says...

Obviously never been swept for ages and someone trying to create a Christmas Scene without any idea?
Obviously never been swept for ages and someone trying to create a Christmas Scene without any idea? Cornbeefur

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree