Advice given by police ahead of Diwali celebrations (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)
Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or email us
Advice given by police ahead of Diwali celebrations
POLICE have handed out to advice to residents who will celebrate a Hindu festival next week.
During Diwali, or 'the festival of light', police experience a rise in burglaries due to more gold and jewellery being present in Asian homes across the borough.
Redbridge Police have given the following advice in a bid to prevent people becoming victims of theft:
- Be careful who you show your jewellery to
- Buy a small safe to keep valuable and sentimental items in and secure it to a wall or solid floor
- Do not keep large amounts of jewellery at home if possible
- Do not keep valuable jewellery on display
- Take a photo of each item on a dark background and keep a receipt of when an item was bought
- Inform your insurance company of any items of high value
Comments are closed on this article.