Leyton Orient celebrated their fourth consecutive win after a dramatic 3-2 victory at Portsmouth in League One this evening.

Orient started the match very brightly but conceded a penalty against the run of play which resulted in a superb save by Ryan Allsop from Izale McLeod's spot kick.

The O's took the lead in the first half when Dean Cox's incisive pass set up Kevin Lisbie and the striker fired neatly into the net. 

Orient doubled their lead after the restart with a classy team move which was finished off by Moses Odubajo.

A second penalty of the match enabled McLeod to bring Pompey back into the contest but the visitors were soon awarded one of their own which Lisbie netted to restore their two-goal cushion.

Pompey were determined to turn the match around and Scott Allan's strike gave them hope with 25 minutes remaining. The hosts came close on several occasions but Orient held on to seal a hard-earned three points.

Russell Slade named an unchanged side after recording their biggest away win of the season at Carlisle United at the weekend. 

The O's created the first opportunity of the match but somehow no-one was able to get a touch on Lee Cook's teasing free-kick.

Pompey came close to hitting the target through Darel Russell's thumping strike but it was blocked by an Orient defender.

Mooney had a chance outside the area but the striker scuffed his shot harmlessly wide of Mikkel Anderson's post. 

Martin Rowlands came close to opening the scoring when the ball fell to him but his powerful drive was deflected wide for a corner. 

Orient were enjoying a good spell of possession and territory as Dean Cox's low strike was blocked by a Portsmouth defender.

The O's conceded a penalty when Allsop was penalised for bringing down McLeod in the area. But the goalkeeper redeemed himself immediately with a brilliant save to deny McLeod. 

Orient went straight up the other end with a counter-attack and the ball fell to Cook from close range but his effort was superbly saved by Anderson.

The match was going from end to end and Portsmouth had another opportunity through McLeod but the former Barnet striker's effort rose over the crossbar.

The visitors finally made one of their chances count as they took the lead after 32 minutes. Cox threaded a superb pass through for Lisbie and the former Charlton forward showed great composure to fire the ball into the net.

Orient had created plenty of chances in the first half and they came close to a second when the ball was laid off to Rowlands but his shot was deflected over the bar. 

Slade's side started the second half as they finished the first and nearly doubled their lead when Cox set up Cook but the winger's strike flew over the bar.

Orient grabbed a second goal in some style when Cox and Lisbie combined to release Odubajo and the teenager fired the ball underneath Anderson.

The hosts were handed a way back into the match after 57 minutes when Nathan Clarke fouled Paul Benson. McLeod stepped up and found the net to end the home side's goal drought.

But within five minutes the O's were handed the chance to score from a penalty when Lisbie was brought down in the box. The in-form striker stepped up and tucked the ball away to make it 3-1 to Orient.

Portsmouth were not finished and they kept their hopes of a memorable comeback alive when Allan fired the ball past Allsop. 

Captain Clarke picked up a slight injury and was taken off for Mathieu Baudry in the O's first change after 72 minutes.

Pompey came close to an equaliser when Benson headed wide from a dangerous cross. 

Slade made his second change with the excellent Cox taken off for Jimmy Smith. 

The hosts again threatened to grab a third goal from a free-kick but Benson's header was parried by Allsop. 

The hosts kept up the pressure and Allsop had to be alert to turn Benson's strike over the bar.

The visitors made their final change late on with Anthony Griffith introduced in place of the lively Cook. 

Pompey were given five minutes of injury time to rescue a point but they could not find a breakthrough and the O's held on for an eventful win. 

Portsmouth: Anderson; Harley, Dumbuya, Gyepes (Rocha, 35), Michalik; Howard, Russell (Ertl, 53), Allan, Mendez-Laing; McLeod, Benson

Subs not used: Eastwood, Walker, Compton, Harris, Webster

Leyton Orient: Allsop; Sawyer, Chorley, Clarke (Baudry, 72), Odubajo, Cox (Smith, 77), Rowlands, James, Cook (Griffith, 86); Lisbie, Mooney

Subs not used: Jones, McSweeney, Symes, Brunt

Referee: G Scott 

Attendance: 9,955