Leyton Orient were held to their first 0-0 draw of the season after they cancelled out promotion chasers Swindon Town at Brisbane Road. 

Paolo Di Canio's side shaded the first half but Orient came more into the game in the second half and arguably had the best chance through Jimmy Smith which was well saved late on. 

Orient named an unchanged side after their home victory over Notts County at the weekend. It meant that Dean Cox again had to settle for a place on the bench.

The visitors had the first effort on goal but Matt Richie's strike flew past Jamie Jones' post. 

Swindon were enjoying more possession and they forced another shot at the home goal through Ritchie but it was straight at the Orient goalkeeper. 

The wet and windy conditions were doing nothing to help the flow of the game and it was a largely uneventful first quarter of the match. 

Orient's first chance finally arrived in the 41st minute when David Mooney flicked on the ball and Charlie MacDonald volleyed into the side netting of Wes Foderingham's goal. 

Swindon had a glorious chance to break the stalemate in the second half but James Collins headed wide from a free-kick.

The O's fired in a rare shot shortly after the hour mark but Lloyd James' speculative long-range strike flew high and wide. 

Orient made their first change midway through the half with Cox introduced in place of Lee Cook.

Orient had a huge scare when Raffaele De Vita's cross set up Andy Williams but his shot rebounded off the post.

The hosts created a chance of their own shortly afterwards but substitute Cox dragged his shot wide of the post. 

The O's thought they had a case for a penalty when Moses Odubajo went down under a challenge in the area but to the disbelief of the crowd the winger was booked for diving. 

Orient were starting to look more of a threat going forward and they came close through a Cox strike but it flew just over the crossbar. 

Alan McCormack fired in a spectacular effort from outside the box but Jones was equal to it as he palmed it round for a corner. 

Orient made a second change with just over ten minutes remaining as Smith came on in place of Martin Rowlands.

Swindon again should have done better when Williams headed wide in plenty of space. 

The O's so nearly pinched the win late on when the ball fell to Smith in the area but Foderingham pulled off a superb save. 

Both sides were pushing for the winner and Swindon had a chance but Ritchie's low effort was easily saved as the points were shared. 

Leyton Orient: Jones; Sawyer, Chorley, Baudry, Cuthbert; Cook (Cox, 66), Rowlands (Smith, 78), James, Odubajo; Mooney, MacDonald

Subs not used: McSweeney, Griffith, Symes, Obafemi, Omozusi

Swindon Town: Foderingham; Devera (Flint, 35), Thompson, Ward, Ferry; Ritchie, McCormack, Miller, Collins (Martin, 62); Williams, De Vita (Roberts, 78)

Subs not used: McEveley, Navarro, Rooney, Bedwell

Referee: Andy D'Urso

Attendance: 3,536