Springfield are into the final of the Senior Division Cup after a late penalty save ensured a 2-1 victory over Shenfield AFC.

Springfield were two goals up at the break thanks to a brace from Jon Nichols but Shenfield rallied in the second half and scored through Billy Texeria.

Five minutes from time the referee presented Shenfield with the chance to draw level when he pointed to the spot but Lewis Batchford saved the penalty and Springfield reached their first Senior Division Cup final since the 1981/82 season.

They will meet Frenford Senior, who beat Bishops Stortford Swifts on penalties.

Neither normal time or an extra 30 minutes could separate the sides, with both teams unable to score, but it was Frenford who held their nerve in the shoot-out to win 5-4.

The victory takes them to their first Senior Division Cup final since the 2000/01 season.

Kelvedon Hatch remain top of the Premier Division after a 3-1 away victory over Aldborough Athletic.

A John Warner screamer, a Stephen Brown header and a Bobby Thanda tap-in ensured maximum points despite an Aldborough consolation via Wayne Wilkinson.

Buckhurst Hill calmed their relegation fears by beating Harold Hill away 2-1.

Tommy Spillane scored for the home side but Jamie Tabbard and Samson King both claimed vital goals to establish a three-point advantage over Westhamians, who occupy the final relegation spot.

Westhamians though, matched their rivals as they won their bottom-of-the-table clash with Manford Way 2-0 courtesy of Jack Munroe and Reagan Panzu.

The win puts Westhamians on 14 points, two behind Hutton, who sit one place above them, but Westhamians have five games in hand.

With Bishops Stortford Swifts and Springfield on Senior Cup duty, Newbury Forest seized the opportunity to snatch the leading position in Division One with a 2-1 win over Canning Town.

Jay Dyer hit the net for Town but goals from Bradley Gates and Scotty Emmons sealed all three points for Forest, who now have a single point advantage over Bishops Stortford Swifts and Springfield.

Benfleet beat Ongar Town 3-1 as Ricky Hassan banged in a brace and was joined on the scoresheet by Michael Georgiou. Ongar Town’s Graham Jeater scored his team’s goal.

Division Two leaders Old Barkabbeyans left it late to secure a 1-0 victory at Roydon, with Alfie Ndlovu popping up in the final minute.

Newham United took the lead against Leigh Ramblers through Frank Sullivan but goals from Luke Read and Andy Collins saw Ramblers win 2-1.

Despite scoring four goals, bottom club Leytonstone United still lost after conceding five to Lakeside.

Andrew Walsh (2), Chinwa Chitus and Andreas Pilides were on the scoresheet for United but double strikes from both Bill Smith and Harry Smallcombe, as well as one from Lucas Winzar, sealed victory for Lakeside.

Ryan earned a 1-1 away draw at Broomfield, while Jake Clarke and Mark McKenzie ensured Epping also went home with a point as they both scored goals in a 2-2 draw at Upminster.

Toby remain top of Division Three after they beat bottom club Writtle 2-0, with the goals coming from Ian McBane and Ryan Morgan.

Debden Sports moved up to second place after they saw off Sungate 5-2.

Dave Limber claimed a hat-trick for Debden, while Andy Hunter and Terry Gilley added another one each.

Dury Burdiss scored twice and was joined by Scotty Hill and Michael Ryder as LOASS beat Ramsden Scotia 4-2.

Ramsden’s consolations were scored by Nick Arnold and Jack Wiley.

Basildon Town smashed Chingford Athletic 7-0, with Marcus Bowers grabbing two of the goals and the others coming from Mark Saunders, Danny Lee-Wilkins, Jack Moxley, Jamie Miller and Alex Smith.

Stambridge United edged out Forest United 2-1 thanks to goals from Dale Sands and Wai Gbavelia.