Send photos, video and news by texting GUARDIAN SERIES to 80360 (cost 10p), or email us
Andre Villas-Boas denies Willian and Fabio Coentrao have already joined Tottenham Hotspur
11:37am Thursday 22nd August 2013 in Sport
Andre Villas-Boas has denied that Anzhi Makhachkala winger Willian and Real Madrid left-sider Fabio Coentrao have already joined Spurs.
Both players have been heavily linked with a move to White Hart Lane, with Willian believed to be at Tottenham’s training ground to complete a medical ahead of a £30m move.
The Coentrao deal is less straightforward, with the Portuguese understood to be a makeweight in the £93m deal for attacker Gareth Bale.
Villas-Boas told The Guardian: "They have not signed for Spurs. Both of them are great players but I cannot extend myself. We will see some new players in defence and attack."
Spurs director of football Franco Baldini - who previously held the same role at Roma - is also understood to be keen to tie up deals for Roma’s Argentine attacker Erik Lamela and Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic.
However Pjanic’s agent Michele Gerbino told Centro Suono Sport that the 23-year-old would not be leaving the Giallorossi: “Miralem is and will remain a Roma player. He will not be sold this summer, absolutely not.”
Comments are closed on this article.