Leyton Orient were knocked out of the FA Cup after a 4-0 third round defeat at Championship strugglers Yeovil Town this afternoon.

Yeovil led 1-0 at the break after James Hayter took advantage of a mistake by goalkeeper Jake Larkins to head home.

The Glovers extended their lead after the restart when Joel Grant found the net and a second goal for Hayter ensured the victory before a late fourth from Kieffer Moore.

The O's made four changes from the side which drew at Wolves last weekend. Scott Cuthbert returned from suspension while Gary Sawyer earned a start in the defence.

Midfielder Jamie Ness was handed his debut in a five-man midfield following his arrival from Stoke on loan while Yohann Lasimant started up front on his own. Tottenham striker Shaq Coulthirst was on the bench after signing on loan yesterday.

Orient made a decent start to the contest as they edged possession and territory but this was quickly disrupted by the opener for Yeovil.

A long ball from Luke Ayling was completely missed by keeper Larkins and Hayter had no trouble heading into an empty net. 

The O's were not looking under too much pressure but the visitors' attacks were breaking down with Lasimant isolated up front. 

The Championship side created a decent chance to double their lead after 35 minutes when the ball fell kindly for Hayter but the striker sent his effort past Larkins' post. 

There was another dodgy moment for Larkins but fortunately the O's escaped this time after the keeper's clearance charged off Samuel Foley and out for a goal kick. 

The O's nearly grabbed an equaliser at the start of the second half but Lasimant's fierce strike hit the side netting.

But Orient were punished as Yeovil counter-attacked and Liam Davis crossed to Grant who fired home from close range to double the hosts' lead. 

Yeovil killed off the tie on the hour mark when Hayter sent a looping header past Larkins into the net for the third goal. 

Orient quickly made their first change as Russell Slade brought on Coulthirst for his debut in place of Dean Cox. 

The O's also handed 20 minutes to Johnny Gorman as he replaced Lloyd James. The visitors' final substitution saw teenager Harry Lee brought on for Mathieu Baudry.

Yeovil broke away in search of a fourth goal and nearly got it but Grant flashed his shot into the side netting. 

Orient finally mustered their first effort on target in the final ten minutes but Coulthirst's shot was saved by Marek Stech's feet. 

The O's misery was complete in the 90th minute when substitute Moore broke away and tucked a low strike into the net. 

It was an afternoon to forget for the O's but their attentions will quickly turn to Tuesday night's trip to Shrewsbury Town as they resume their promotion bid. 

Yeovil Town: Stech; Ayling, Webster (Upson, 50), Duffy, Davis; Dawson, Foley (Morgan, 72), Edwards, Lundstram; Grant, Hayter (Moore, 82)

Subs not used: Dunn, McAllister, Jones, Nana Twumasi

Leyton Orient: Larkins; Omozusi, Clarke, Cuthbert, Sawyer; Cox (Coulthirst, 61), James (Gorman, 70), Ness, Baudry (Lee, 80), Odubajo; Lasimant

Subs not used: Lisbie, Finney, Ling, Grainger

Referee: Oliver Langford 

Attendance: 3,667 (325 Orient fans)