Leyton Orient kept up the pressure on League 1 leaders Brentford after a 4-0 home win over Carlisle United this afternoon.

Orient waited until the end of the first half for Scott Cuthbert to head home his second goal against Carlisle this season.

Substitute Jamie Ness marked his home debut with a stunning strike just after the restart to put the East Londoners in control. Kevin Lisbie netted his first goal since October before Shaquile Coulthirst netted late on to seal a dominant win.

The O's made just one change from the side which won at Shrewsbury Town on Tuesday night. Robbie Simpson replaced young striker Jamar Loza in attack. Orient gave a home debut to goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic following his loan move from Hull City.

The hosts got off to a bright start and could have opened the scoring in the first few minutes but Lisbie's header from Dean Cox's cross was saved by keeper Greg Fleming.

Orient kept the pressure on the visitors and went close when Marvin Bartley set up Simpson but his shot was blocked by Fleming's feet. 

The O's created another opportunity when Moses Odubajo sent in a cross but Lisbie could not direct his header on target. 

Orient went close when Odubajo's effort was deflected just past the post with Simpson unable to get the final touch on the ball. 

Russell Slade's side were still threatening to get the breakthrough but were denied a goal when Mathieu Baudry's header was cleared off the line.

Orient were forced into a change just after the half hour mark when Bartley succumbed to injury and was replaced by home debutant Ness. 

The hosts' pressure was rewarded just before the break when defender Cuthbert powered a header from Lloyd James' corner into the net. 

Orient had the ball in the net again before half-time but Lisbie's header did not count because a foul was given for a push. 

The O's got off to a perfect start to the second half when Ness struck a brilliant low shot from outside the area which arrowed into the corner of the net.

It should have been 3-0 for the hosts but Cuthbert could only send his header past the far post. 

The O's were still in complete control and came close again with a long-range Cox strike but it was saved by Fleming. 

Slade's side extended their lead in the 66th minute when Cox flicked the ball on and Lisbie volleyed the ball in off the post for his 11th league goal of the season. 

Lisbie was given a standing ovation after being replaced by Loza who came on for his first appearance at Brisbane Road. 

The O's made their final substitution when Spurs striker Coulthirst was handed his home debut as a late replacement for Simpson. 

Coulthirst nearly made an instant impact but the teenager's strike flew just past the post. 

However Coulthirst grabbed his first goal for the club in stoppage time when he rounded the keeper to tuck the ball home.

It was a comprehensive win for Orient as the O's consolidated their place inside the top two of the division.

Leyton Orient: Jakupovic; Omozusi, Clarke, Baudry, Cuthbert; Cox, James, Bartley (Ness, 32), Odubajo; Lisbie (Loza, 73), Simpson (Coulthirst, 84)

Subs not used: Sawyer, Larkins, Lee, Lasimant

Carlisle United: Fleming; Chimbonda, O'Hanlon, Ehmer, Robson; Potts, Berrett, Buaben (Miller, 53), Amoo (Meppen-Walter, 78); Guy (Townsend, 53), Lawrence

Subs not used: Noble, Beck, Symington, Brass

Referee: Graham Horwood

Attendance: 5,279