Newly promoted Chingford produced a performance to savour to record their second victory of the season against local rivals Woodford in a fiercely contested, full blooded but fair game played in a good spirit at an unrelentingly blistering pace.

The first game of spring bought Chingford out to play in the sunshine with probably their most complete display of a highly successful season and that it was against a team who are serious promotion contenders from the division above made it all the more impressive.

Both sides gave some of their development players a run out for the 1st half and the curse of slow starts which has so often cost Chingford dearly has become a thing of the past and they quickly took control.

The raw Chingford pack more than made up for its inexperience with an enthusiasm and commitment which quickly established a dominance over the Woodford forwards both in set piece and open play and with centre Josh Oranu-Noah on the rampage leading the Chingford backs who were feeding off of him the chances arrived thick and fast.

A 30 metre run by Josh nearly led to the opening try but the ball was held up on the line, but the breakthrough soon came when quick thinking by No10. Calum Cox put in William Mays, usually a centre, playing the 1st half at full back to glide past the remaining Woodford defenders to open the scoring for Chingford.

From the restart 2nd row George Parker nearly scored an incredible try by running and grubber kicking half the length of the pitch but was stopped by desperate Woodford defence.

But the next Chingford try wasn’t long in coming and again it was William Mays finishing off a fine backs move to claim his and Chingford’s 2nd try of the game to put them 10-0 up.

Woodford where stung into action and began to gain territory and were unlucky not to score when their Centre broke through to get one on one against the last Chingford defender, beating him with a clever lob kick but a desperately unlucky bounce saw the ball into the grateful arms of the Chingford defence and from the resulting ruck the ball was secured and kicked clear by Calum Cox to find Josh Oranu-Noah who gobbled up the chance to extend the Chingford lead at half time to 17-0.

In the 2nd half both sides bought on their experienced players and Woodford’s higher division pedigree told when an early try by Philippe Goralczky made the score 17-7 which had the home side licking their lips in anticipation of a 2nd half turnaround.

But this Chingford team having beaten several teams from higher divisions this season are the seasoned veterans, toughened in the white heat of numerous ferocious battles are made of tough stuff and showed why they are a force to be reckoned with.

Not only did they stand up to Woodford’s speed and power but also drove them back withstanding whatever the hosts threw at them by breaking out and threatening the Woodford line.

The jet like pace of Connor Hurst playing as full back for the 2nd half caused havoc and was twice narrowly denied a try, but a turnover from a lineout led Sean Parker to cap a magnificent individual performance with a richly deserved try which was converted by Connor Hurst to make the score 24-7 to Chingford.

The relentless pace of the game continued and the exciting new talent of James Flaminu, making his debut, nearly set up an unforgettable try by running at a terrified Woodford defence and it took four defenders to stop James leading to a numerical advantage which Chingford quickly took advantage of by moving the ball swiftly wide to Josh Oranu-Noah but to ball slipped agonisingly from his grasp as he was about to score.

In the final minutes Woodford came back to retrieve the game but were stopped the fearless tackling of Ethan Penford and one of the newer players Connor Tompkins stopped a Woodford break in it tracks with a tackle of legendary proportions and so the game ended 24-7 to Chingford.

So another step up from Chingford who deal with each challenge thrown at them with increasing strength, maturity and commitment putting the lessons learnt on the training field into practice during matches.

Chingford's Lawrence Macrides said: “Today was our most completed team performance to date.

"Every player performed to his maximum potential and although there’s always room for improvement, all aspects of our game were at a high level, but I’d like to complement our development players and in particular Charlie Loftin who gave a man of the match performance.

"Also I’d like to send everyone’s best wishes to one of our most promising newcomers, Motiejus Marshall, for a speedy and full recovery from a fractured ankle and we look forward to him continuing his development with us as soon as possible.”