Leyton Orient scored a late equaliser to earn a 2-2 home draw against QPR this evening.

Russell Slade's side got off to an ideal start when Romain Vincelot headed home but QPR grabbed a quick equaliser through Junior Hoilett's long-range strike. 

The Premier League side took the lead shortly after the restart when Joey Barton curled a free-kick into the net from 25 yards out. But Dean Cox rifled home a late equaliser to preserve the O's unbeaten pre-season record.

Goalkeeper Gary Woods and midfielder Bradley Pritchard were handed their first opportunity to play at Brisbane Road. Kevin Lisbie partnered David Mooney in attack but there was no place in the squad for new signings Shane Lowry or Jobi McAnuff. 

The O's grabbed an early lead with a superb move after Cox's cross was headed past Rob Green by Vincelot.

But the Premier League side levelled the game up midway through the half when Hoilett struck a low 25-yard shot into the far corner of the net. 

The hosts were forced into a change when Scott Cuthbert picked up an injury. Shaun Batt came on with Pritchard switching to right-back.

Orient almost regained the lead through Cox, after being set up by Mooney, but the winger's shot was pushed round the post by Green. 

The O's kept up the pressure and went close again through Lloyd James but his rasping strike was deflected over the bar. 

Charlie Austin had two attempts to hit the target for QPR but the striker's efforts were both blocked by captain Nathan Clarke.

Lisbie had an opportunity for the hosts but the veteran striker's header went high and wide of the post. 

Trialist midfielder Ayo Okosun was handed another chance to impress after replacing Mathieu Baudry at the break.

Rangers quickly took the lead at the start of the second half when Barton fired a free-kick into the net. 

The hosts made another change as Chris Dagnall was introduced in place of Lisbie.

QPR nearly added a third through Austin but his shot was kept out by a decent save from Woods.

Orient had a rare chance in the second period through Mooney but the striker's effort was comfortably held by Green.

It looked like the O's would have to settle for a narrow defeat but winger Cox produced a composed finish from inside the area to claim a deserved draw.

Leyton Orient: Woods; Omozusi, Clarke, Baudry (Okosun, HT), Cuthbert (Batt, 25); Cox, Vincelot, James, Pritchard; Mooney (Kashket, 81), Lisbie (Dagnall, 67)

Subs not used: Legzdins, Semedo, Agyemang, Lee, Nikolaou

QPR: Green; Ehmer, Dunner, Caulker (Harriman, 62), Simpson; Traore, Henry, Barton, Wright-Phillips; Hoilett (Sutherland, 62), Austin

Referee: Darren Deadman 

Attendance: 2,996