Russell Slade refused to rule out adding to his squad before the transfer window shuts on Monday but insisted no-one will be leaving the club.
Leyton Orient have been very active this summer with seven new signings following the O’s takeover by Italian Francesco Becchetti. The Orient boss has the strongest squad at his disposal since being appointed more than four years ago but Slade has not closed the door on bringing in more players before the deadline on Monday night.
He said: “I’m very happy with the group of 20. It’s a question of bringing everyone up to speed. We’ve had one or two setbacks with injuries but we’re starting to get over those so I’m quite encouraged.
“I certainly don’t anticipate anyone going out. We’ve only got a squad of 20 anyway all fit. We’ll just have a look at the situation and monitor it but you’ve still got the emergency loan system so it’s not a disaster if we were not to recruit before the end of the window for any reason. But I’m very happy with the group in any case.”
The O’s manager faces the prospect of being without veteran striker Kevin Lisbie for a number of weeks. The former Charlton Athletic forward may require a shoulder operation after picking up the injury during last week’s draw at Bristol City.
Slade said: “Lis is the big issue at the minute. He may have to undergo an exploratory operation on that shoulder which is a little bit disappointing. He’s going to speak to the specialist and they’re going to have a gameplan and see what they’re going to do.”