Leyton Orient gained a shock 3-2 win and their first in nine over title chasers Plymouth Argyle at Home Park.

Antoni Sarcevic scored the first goal of the game with Gavin Massey gaining the equaliser in the first half.

Matty Kennedy thought he snatched the winner with a wonder goal but Massey came to the rescue once again before Sandro Semedo gained all three points for the E10 club at the death.

It will be a timely boost for O’s boss Danny Webb and their players when they take on former Orient manager Kevin Nolan’s Notts County.

Plymouth had the first chance of the game when Matty Kennedy floated in a cross into the penalty box but it was too far and it went out for a goal kick.

On the sixth minute, Sam Dalby was on target with a free header from a Josh Koroma cross but it went straight to Luke McCormick.

There was some nice link up play between Gavin Massey and Michael Collins which saw the latter control the ball.

He drilled a shot towards the goal but McCormick was able to collect the ball.

However, the deadlock was soon broken when Sarcevic poked the ball home from close range off of a Gary Sawyer cross.

The orient players were calling for a foul after Plymouth’s strike had pulled Tom Parkes out of the way but the referee waved away the appeals.

But The Pilgrims had to make an early substitution after Sonny Bradley was forced off through injury and was replaced by Nauris Bulvitis.

Orient were not willing to give in and after some good pressing Massey released Josh Koroma down the right.

The 17-year-old cut inside but his shot was blocked by the Plymouth defence.

Plymouth should have made doubled their lead when Yann Songo’o headed Graham Carey’s drilled free-kick over the bar.

In the 34th minute, Plymouth’s Kennedy got beyond Myles Judd before he played in a cross but it was lashed over the bar by Ryan Taylor.

And Orient found the equaliser when Massey produced a moment of individual brilliance when he cut inside, past Songo’o, and curled home the equaliser via the post.

Jakub Sokolik wasted a glorious chance to fire Plymouth back into the lead in first-half stoppage time.

The defender blazed over the crossbar from point-blank range from the edge of the six-yard box.

In the second half, Orient received the first chance in the 49th minute when Koroma dazzled his way beyond Sawyer and drilled in a low cross which was punched away by McCormick with Dalby lurking.

But it was The Pilgrims who regained the lead once again when Kennedy curled in an effort past Sam Sargeant from inside the area.

And Kennedy could have made it 3-1 when he tried the same shot to only see it come back off the frame of the goal and cleared by the O’s.

Once again, Orient looked determined and Judd played a one-two with Massey and got inside the area but was unable to get a shot away.

Two minutes later, Massey embarked on a surging run and exchanged passes with Michael Collins before he saw his shot blocked for a corner which came to nothing.

Once again Orient pushed the Argyle defence but McCormick got down well to push a Koroma effort behind for a corner, which was cleared by the host's defence.

Massey came to Orient’s rescue once again when he tapped home another equaliser through the legs off McCormick in the 88th minute.

And it was well into injury time that Orient snatched the win as Massey crossed into Koroma with his shot saved by McCormick.

The ball eventually made its way to Semedo who smashed home for the winner.

Orient XI: Sargeant, Kennedy, Parkes, Hunt, Judd, Collins, Kelly, Koroma, Semedo, Massey, Dalby Subs not used: Grainger, Mezague, Liburd, Moncur, Adeboyejo, Alzate, Clark The Pilgrims starting XI: McCormick, Sawyer, Sokolik, Threlkeld, Songo’o, Fox, Carey (Jervis 79), Sarcevic (Donaldson 37), Bradley (Bulvitis 15) Kennedy, Taylor Subs not used: Slew, Spencer, Dorel, Tanner