Kevin Lisbie came off the bench to net his second goal in five days as Leyton Orient battled back to earn a 1-1 draw at Notts County this evening. 

Orient were the better side but still fell behind to a classy finish in the 31st minute from Neal Bishop.

But Russell Slade introduced Lisbie in the second half and the striker again made an immediate impact by firing home a penalty to secure a deserved point.

The O's made two changes to the side which beat Bournemouth at the weekend with the team reverting to the 4-5-1 formation which served them so well last week at Sheffield United.

Martin Rowlands returned to the side with Lloyd James on the bench and Jimmy Smith came back into midfield with David Mooney out injured. 

Orient settled into the contest quicker than the hosts and put the ball in the net after ten minutes. But Charlie MacDonald's tap-in after Rowlands' strike was parried did not count due to an offside flag. 

The visitors were the better side in the opening stages and forced another effort on goal but Rowlands' long-range effort was straight at keeper Bartosz Bialkowski. 

The Magpies were really struggling to impose themselves on Orient and had nothing to shout about in the first half hour.

But Notts County grabbed the opener against the run of play with their first shot of the game. The visitors lost the ball and Alan Judge set up captain Bishop for a superb curled finish into the corner of the net.

Orient responded immediately and nearly found an equaliser but Smith's fierce strike cannoned back off the woodwork. 

The O's had one chance late in the half but Moses Odubajo's low strike flew just wide of Bialkowski's post. 

Notts County should have done better early on in the second half when Yoann Arquin picked up the ball but tamely fired a shot straight at Jamie Jones. 

Slade decided his side needed some more firepower after an hour and brought on Lisbie and Lee Cook in place of Odubajo and Smith. 

The O's won a penalty in the 65th minute after MacDonald was brought down in the area by Leacock. Lisbie needed nine minutes to score as a substitute at the weekend, but required just five this time as he fired the penalty into the corner of the net.

Notts County had the chance to regain the lead but Arquin was unable to direct his header on target. 

Orient had a great chance to score a second goal when Romain Vincelot headed over from a Leon McSweeney cross. 

The visitors made their final change when MacDonald was replaced by teenage striker Affy Obafemi. 

The Magpies still offered the occasional threat and went close through Jamal Campbell-Ryce but his shot was saved by Jones. 

Notts County were pressing for the winner and Andre Boucaud had a crack from long distance but it fizzed over the bar. 

Substitute Cook sent in a cross late on but Lisbie was unable to guide his header on target. 

There were four minutes of injury time but neither side could find the winner as the points were justifiably shared at Meadow Lane. 

Notts County: Bialkowski; Sheehan, Leacock, Hollis, Bishop; Liddle, Judge, Campbell-Ryce, Boucard; Zoko (Hughes, HT), Cofie (Arquin, 42)

Subs not used: Spiess, Smith, Hughes, Bencherif, Tempest, Blyth

Leyton Orient: Jones, McSweeney, Baudry, Clarke, Cuthbert; Cox, Smith (Cook, 61), Vincelot, Rowlands, Odubajo (Lisbie, 61); MacDonald (Obafemi, 77)

Subs not used: Grainger, James, Omozusi

Referee: Jeremy Simpson

Attendance: 4,004