12:25pm Wednesday 21st November 2012
© Press Association 2014
Brian Conley has been released from hospital and is "recuperating" with his family after being taken ill during filming of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
The entertainer had to leave the show - filmed in the Australian jungle - earlier this week for what ITV said were "medical reasons".
No further details about his illness have been issued, but he was later taken to hospital.
His agent issued a statement which said: "We can confirm Brian Conley has been discharged from hospital and is delighted to be back with his family recuperating.
"He would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes and concern."
A spokesman for the 51-year-old star said his medical problems had now been "resolved".
Brian entered the jungle more than a week ago along with contestants such as Tory MP Nadine Dorries and ex-Coronation Street actress Helen Flanagan. But after a series of bungled bushtucker trials, the audience of the show - which has numbered some ten million people - has seen some of the contestants becoming increasingly hungry.
Viewers had seen comic Brian break down in tears during the show, following a confrontation with boxer David Haye. His health problem during the show will raise questions about the "duty of care" from broadcasters towards the participants on popular TV shows.
An ITV spokesman said: "The safety and welfare of our contestants is of paramount importance. All contestants are assessed by independent medical experts before contracts are signed, and again before entering the jungle.
"We also have contact where necessary with the celebrities' GPs. Medical personnel are also available 24 hours a day in Australia to provide support if needed."
© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group