SOUTHGATE - EXTENSION OF HOURS FOR EXISTING TAXI RANKS THE ENFIELD (PROHIBITION OF STOPPING ON CAB RANKS) (NO.*) ORDER 201*Notice ID: WAT1182293
SOUTHGATE - EXTENSION OF HOURS FOR EXISTING TAXI RANKS THE ENFIELD (PROHIBITION OF STOPPING ON CAB RANKS) (NO.*) ORDER 201*
Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Transportation Team by emailing
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make the above-mentioned Order under sections 6 and 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Road Traffic Act 1991.
2. The general effect of the Enfield (Prohibition of Stopping on Cab Ranks) (No. *) Order 201* would be to amend the operational hours of the stopping prohibition for all vehicles, other than taxis, on the existing 3 taxi ranks from their current termination of 2am to a proposed termination of 6am throughout the week on the taxi ranks located on:
(a) the north side of Chase Side, Southgate; and
(b) the south side of The Bourne, Southgate opposite Nos. 20 & 21 The Broadway, The Bourne, Southgate.
3. A copy of the proposed Order, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Order, of maps indicating the locations of the proposals, can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to the proposals, or make any other representations, should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the ground thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1414, by 20 June 2019, or by e-mail to
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, many of the reports made to a Committee of the Council are open to the press and to the public. When this happens any documents used to a material extent in compiling the report are also open to inspection. This means that any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they wish.
Dated 29 May 2019.
DAVID B. TAYLOR Head of Traffic and Transportation