NOTIFICATION OF HEARINGS UNDER RULE 13(6) OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (EXAMINATION PROCEDURE)Notice ID: SUT1237508
Riverside Energy Park
NOTIFICATION OF HEARINGS UNDER RULE 13(6) OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (EXAMINATION PROCEDURE)
RULES 2010 AND SECTION 92 OF THE PLANNING ACT 2008
NOTICE OF COMPULSORY ACQUISITION HEARING RELATING TO THE APPLICATION FOR A DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER FOR THE RIVERSIDE ENERGY PARK
Planning Inspectorate Reference: EN010093
1. Notice is hereby given that a Compulsory Acquisition Hearing will be held, at the date, time and location set out below, by the Examining Authority (appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy ("Secretary of State")) for the examination of the application made by Cory Environmental Holdings Limited (trading as Cory Riverside Energy) ("the Applicant") of 2 Coldbath Square, London, EC1R 5HL (Company Number 05360864) for a Development Consent Order ("the DCO") authorising the construction, operation and maintenance of an integrated energy park, known as Riverside Energy Park. The Application was made under Section 14, 15 and 37 of the Planning Act 2008 on 16th November 2018 and accepted for examination by the Secretary of State on 14th December 2018. The reference number applied by the Planning Inspectorate, on behalf of the Secretary of State, to the Application is EN010093.
Description of the Scheme
2. The Application seeks consent for the construction, operation and maintenance of an integrated energy park, known as Riverside Energy Park, at Norman Road in Belvedere in the London Borough of Bexley and an Electrical Connection to the Littlebrook substation located in the Borough of Dartford ("the Proposed Development").
3. The Proposed Development would comprise:
? The Riverside Energy Park, to be located on land immediately adjacent to the Applicant's existing Riverside Resource Recovery Facility situated at Norman Road in Belvedere, in the London Borough of Bexley;
? The Electrical Connection, running underground between the Riverside Energy Park site and the point of connection at Littlebrook substation, in the Borough of Dartford.
4. The primary components of Riverside Energy Park comprise:
? An Energy Recovery Facility ("ERF");
? An Anaerobic Digestion facility;
? A Solar Photovoltaic Installation;
? Battery Storage; and
? Infrastructure for Combined Heat and Power to provide an opportunity for local district heating for nearby residents and businesses.
5. The DCO, if granted, will also authorise the compulsory acquisition of interests in and rights over land, the temporary use of land and the overriding of easements and other rights.
6. A Compulsory Acquisition hearing will be held (if required) on the following date, time and location.
Any hearings further to those listed above will be advertised by one or more further notices. In accordance with Rule 13(3) of the Infrastructure Planning (Examination Procedure) Rules 2010, the Planning Inspectorate will also notify interested parties of the date, time and location for each hearing.
For additional information on this hearing, the examination of the Application
and full timetable (and any amendments to it), including how and when to register to speak at the hearings and how and when to make written submissions, please contact the Planning Inspectorate at the contact details listed below or refer to the Planning Inspectorate's website, where procedural decisions and notices of hearings are available to download:
Copies of the Application Documents
11. A copy of the Application form and its accompanying documents, plans and maps are available to be viewed free of charge, at the following location and times:
Venue Name and Location
Slade Green and Howbury Community Library,
Chrome Road, Erith, DA8 2EL
10:00-17:00 10:00-17:00 10:00-17:00 10:00-19:00 10:00-17:00 10:00-14:00 CLOSED
The application form and its accompanying documents, plans and maps are available to view online through the Planning Inspectorate's website (
12. Copies of the Application form and the accompanying documents, plans and maps, including the Environmental Statement, may be purchased from the Applicant by using the contact details at the end of this notice. A paper copy of the full suite of Application documents can be obtained at a cost of £550. Alternatively, an electronic copy of the full suite of Application documents on a USB drive can be obtained for £10. Copies of individual documents are also available on request and a reasonable copying charge may apply.
13. Further information about the Application, the hearings and how to take part in the Examination and any other matters covered in this notice may be obtained from the Planning Inspectorate or the Applicant using the following contact details:
Date Hearing Type Time
30th July Compulsory Acquisition Arrival: 09:30 2019 Hearing (if required) Start: 10:00
Slade Green and Howbury Community Centre,
Chrome Road, Erith, DA8 2EL
The Planning Inspectorate
Post: The Planning Inspectorate Temple Quay House Temple Quay Bristol BS1 6PN
Phone: 0303 444 5000
The Planning Inspectorate reference for the Application ("EN010093") should be quoted in any correspondence.
Post: Cory Environmental Holdings Limited 2 Coldbath Square London EC1R 5HL
Phone: 0330 838 4254 Website:
7. At the compulsory acquisition hearing, affected persons are entitled (subject to the Examining Authority's powers of control over the conduct of the hearing) to make oral representations about the request for compulsory acquisition powers in the Application. Affected persons include any person whose name has been given by the Applicant to the Secretary of State in the notice under Section 59 of the Planning Act 2008.
8. Should the consideration of the issues take less time than anticipated, the hearing may be concluded as soon as all relevant contributions have been made and all questions asked and responded to. If there are additional matters to be dealt with or there are submissions that take a considerable amount of time at any hearing, then it may be necessary to continue the session for longer on the day or adjourn the hearing and continue at a subsequent sitting. Should the Examining Authority determine there is no requirement for a further compulsory acquisition hearing then it may be cancelled.