Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 THE A316 GLA ROAD (TWICKENHAM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY BANNED TURNS) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT1265433
Transport for London
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
THE A316 GLA ROAD (TWICKENHAM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY BANNED TURNS) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow electrical supply works to take place on Twickenham Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) turning right from Twickenham Road into the un-named access road to King's Observatory;
(2) turning left from the un-named access road to King's Observatory into Twickenham Road.
The Order will be effective between 25th July 2019 and 1st August 2019 every night 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. For banned left turn via Twickenham Road eastbound, Roundabout at the junction of Kew Road/ Lower Mortlake Road/ Twickenham Road and Twickenham Road westbound to normal route of travel. For banned right via Twickenham Road westbound, The Avenue, St Margarets Roundabout, The Avenue and Twickenham Road eastbound to normal route of travel.
Dated this 19th day of July 2019
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON