ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) - (TT22(19)).Notice ID: WAT1296279
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) - (TT22(19)).
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 7) ORDER 2019
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 8th August 2019 it made an Order to allow for gas main replacement works (Cadent Gas) to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner in various roads
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to:
(a) restrict vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose "at any time" in the roads or parts of roads mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice; and
(b) restrict vehicles from waiting or loading for any purpose "at any time" in the roads or parts of roads mentioned in Schedule 2 to this Notice
3. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, within 15 metres of the junction of any road adjoining the roads or parts of roads mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice.
4. Whilst works are being carried out in any road or part of road mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice, any one way working or no entry prohibition operating:
(a) in any roads or part of roads adjoining any road or part of roads mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice; or
(b) in any roads or part of roads mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice; will be suspended.
5. Designated parking places situated in any roads or parts of roads mentioned in any Schedule to this Notice will be suspended.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
7. Where appropriate, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by local signage.
8. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person
9. The Order will come into operation on 8th August 2019 for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in att roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary.
Dated 8th August 2019
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Neighbourhoods Directorate, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
Schedule 1 E4 roads
E17 roads BERESFORD ROAD E4
ADDISON ROAD E17 COLVIN GARDENS E4
BOUNDARY AVENUE E17 BRUNSWICK STREET E17 CHESTER ROAD E17
HARFORD CLOSE E4 HARFORD ROAD E4 HAWKWOOD CRESCENT E4
CLACTON ROAD E17
COMELY BANK ROAD E17 LARKSHALL CRESCENT E4
ELMFIELD ROAD E17 LONG DEACON ROAD E4
FAIRVIEW CLOSE E17 MOUNT ECHO AVENUE E4
FARMILO ROAD E17 SEYMOUR ROAD E4
FERNDALE AVENUE E17 SIMMONS LANE E4
GRANGE ROAD E17 SOUTH AVENUE E4 GREENWAY AVEUNE E17
LYNMOUTH ROAD E17 IG8 read
MAYFIELD ROAD E17 ALDERS AVENUE IG8
MOUNT PLEASANT ROAD E17 NORTHUMBERLAND ROAD E17
Schedule 2 All postcodes
ONRA ROAD E17
RAVENSWOOD ROAD E17 DRYSDALE AVENUE E4
ROLAND ROAD E17 GROVE GREEN ROAD E11
ROCHDALE ROAD E17 HIGHAM HILL ROAD E17
WELLESLEY ROAD E17 LARKSHALL ROAD E4