LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (MARKHOUSE ROAD SOUTH REGION) [TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, RESTRICTION ON WAITING AND LOADING (NO. 1) ORDER 2019 (TT25c(19))Notice ID: WAT1384045
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (MARKHOUSE ROAD SOUTH REGION) [TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, RESTRICTION ON WAITING AND LOADING (NO. 1) ORDER 2019 (TT25c(19))
I.The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 3rd October 2019 it made an Order to enable traffic calming installation works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner, the general effect of which will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) restrict waiting and loading by vehicles (except works vehicles) and suspend one-way working and no-entry prohibitions only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed.
2. This Order will continue the prohibition of traffic and waiting and loading restrictions set out in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 section 14(2) Notice issued on 13th September 2019 (effective on 30th September 2019) for the roads mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice.
3. Whilst the works are being carried out no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, in the roads mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice for a distance of 20 metres from their respective junction with Markhouse Road E17.
4. Whilst works are being carried out and only to such extent that regulatory signs are displayed in any roads or parts of roads mentioned in this Notice any one way working or no-entry prohibitions in any of those roads, or any road adjoining those roads may be temporarily suspended.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order will be removed.
6. The prohibitions and restrictions mentioned above will not apply in relation to any vehicle being used:
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
7. The Order will come into operation on Thursday 3rd October 2019 and will be valid for a period of 6 months, or until the works are completed whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes as necessary.
Dated 3rd October 2019
Mr K Valavan,
Director of highways and Traffic Management, Neighbourhoods Directorate, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
(All roads in E17)
Sybourn Street, Harris Street, Wetherden Street, Theydon Street, Boundary Road, Farmilo Road