HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE PROPOSED EXTENSION OF THE HALE CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE THE HARINGEY (THE HALE CPZ) (DESIGNATIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019 THE HARINGEY (THE HALE CPZ) (SECTION 6) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019Notice ID: WAT1447872
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE PROPOSED EXTENSION OF THE HALE CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE THE HARINGEY (THE HALE CPZ) (DESIGNATIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019 THE HARINGEY (THE HALE CPZ) (SECTION 6) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Haringey on 5th November 2019 made the above mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 51 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:-
(a) extend the existing boundary of The Hale Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) and introduce parking controls operating between the hours of 8.30am to 6.30pm on Mondays to Fridays and on event days 8am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturday to Sunday and Noon to 8pm on public holidays inclusive in the roads listed in Schedule 1 to this Notice and to prohibit waiting by vehicles other than in the designated parking places provided during those hours;
(b) designate permit holders only parking places, in the roads listed in Schedule 2 to this Notice where vehicles displaying a valid, business parking permit, residents parking permit or visitors' permit will be permitted to wait without time limit;
(c) designate shared permit holders and 'pay by phone' parking places in the roads listed in Schedule 3 to this Notice where vehicles:-
(i) displaying a valid business parking permit, residents parking permit or a visitors' permit will be permitted to wait without time limit; or
(ii) that have had a period purchased for them to be parked using the 'pay by phone' system will be permitted to wait for a maximum period of 2 hours with no return to that parking place within 2 hours of leaving it;
(d) introduce waiting restrictions operating at any time at junctions and bends of the roads within the CPZ in order to help to improve safety, prevent obstructive parking at, and near, junctions and reduce personal injury and road accidents of the roads concerned;
(e) introduce at any time loading restrictions in a section of Somerset Road opposite Holy Trinity C of E Primary school and at its junction with Rycroft Way
(f) reduce the lengths of certain existing double yellow line waiting restrictions in Rycroft Way and Somerset Road
3. Residents or business users of the roads listed in Schedule 4 to this Notice (providing that their property is not on a private or car restricted development) will be able to purchase parking permits and residents will be able to purchase visitors parking permits, for passenger vehicles, goods carrying vehicles (the overall height of which does not exceed 2.27 metres and the overall length of which does not exceed 5.25 metres), at the rates set out below:-
Up to 100
101 - 110
111 - 120
141 - 150
151 - 165
201 - 225
226 - 255
Residential, Carers and Essential Service (Schools and Ministers of Religion) Permits
Residential and Carers Permits
6 Monthly Charge
Essential Service Permits All Zones (Borough Wide)
Business and Utility Permits Borough Wide
Business Permits CPZ Specific
Vehicles registered before 1 March 2001 (or where C02 emissions are not documented)
Not over 1549 cc £72.00 £36.00 £372.00 £475.00 £248.00
1550 cc to 3000cc £186.00 £93.00 £599.00 £702.00 £351.00
3001 cc and above £287.00 £145.00 £764.00 £950.00 £475.00
Transferrable Essential Service Permit (any registration) - all Zones - £740.00; Essential Service Permit Vouchers (daily) - £10.00 each (sold in multiples of 4); Residents' Visitor Permits - Daily - £3.50, 1 hour - 80p; Permission to Park Dispensation - £20 per day.
Residents over 65 and registered disabled receive 50% concession on all visitor permits.
Permits/vouchers for the controlled parking zone will only be valid in the zone for which they are issued.
PAY BY PHONE: Hourly charge - £2.10
More information on permits, charges and eligibility for essential users can be found on www.haringey.gov.uk.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 11th November 2019, of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Orders, together with plans and more detailed particulars showing the locations and effects of the Orders may be inspected, throughout the period that it is in force, during normal office working hours, at the reception Desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at www.haringey.gov.uk/traffic_orders.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 6th November 2019, Ann Cunningham, Head of Operations
ROADS WITH PARKING CONTROLS
Ashley Road; Chesnut Road; Rycroft Way; Somerset Road
ROADS WITH PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY PARKING PLACES
Chesnut Road; Rycroft Way
ROADS WITH SHARED USE: PERMIT HOLDERS AND 'PAY BY PHONE' PARKING PLACES: 2 HOURS MAXIMUM STAY AND NO RETURN WITHIN 2 HOURS
Ashley Road; Chesnut Road; Somerset Road
SCHEDULE 4 PERMIT ELIGIBILITY
Ashley Road; Chesnut Road; Fairbanks Road; Nos. 1 to 21 Hale Road, Hamilton Close; Nos. 352 to 398 even only, Reynardson's Court, High Road; Nos. 1 to 11, Protheroe House, Rycroft Way; No. 2 and The Green School House, Somerset Road.