LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (CHURCHILL TERRACE E4) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2019Notice ID: WAT1458114
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (CHURCHILL TERRACE E4) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2019
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 14th November 2019 it made an Order to enable highway works (installation of a new water main to the Health Centre Development and other s278 carriageway and footway works) to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner in Churchill Terrace E4, (TT26(19))
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles from proceeding, entering or waiting and loading (except works vehicles):
(i) on both sides of the north/south arm of Churchill Terrace between a point adjacent the common boundary of Nos. 19 to 34 and 25 to 30 Churchill Terrace and its southernmost extremity of the north/south arm (including the turning head)' or
(ii) on both sides of the southernmost east/west arm of Churchill Terrace between the eastern kerb line of its the north/south arm eastwards for a distance of 20 metres.
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 remains in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
4. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
5. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
6. The Order will come into operation on 14th November 2019 for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
7. In So far as any provision imposed by the Order conflicts or is inconsistent with any provision of any Order made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, in the London Borough of Waltham Forest the provisions of the intended Order shall prevail only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed in relation to the measures set out in this Order.
8. Without prejudice to the validity of anything done or to any liability incurred in respect of any act or omission before the coming into operation of this Order The Waltham Forest (Churchill Terrace E4) (Temporary Restriction On Waiting And Loading) (No. 1) Order 2019 would be revoked in its entirety.
Dated 14th November 2019
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS