LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT1458142
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTIONS 6 AND 23 HIGHWAYS ACT 1980 - SECTIONS 90A AND 90C LEYTON REGION WALKING AND CYCLING - EXTRA WORKS TRAFFIC CALMING - CONVERSION OF SPEED CUSHIONS TO HUMPS, CYCLE EXEMPTION THROUGH PROHIBITED ACCESS AND NEW RAISED ZEBRA CROSSING (E10 ROADS) (T61(19)) The Waltham Forest (Prescribed Routes) (1984/ No.2) (Amendment No. 1) Order 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest proposes to make the above-mentioned Order under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order to coincide with cycle improvements in the vicinity will be in Wilmot Road E10 to allow pedal cycles to enter or exit Wilmot Road at its junction with Oliver Road,
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council, in accordance with Sections 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980, the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations 1999, as amended, and section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, proposes to:
(a) introduce a raised crossing for pedestrian and cyclists (speed hump/ table - 16.2 metres in length including the gradients) in Argall Avenue, so that the centre of the crossing is situated parallel to Black Path. Associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping at all times, will be placed on the carriageway either side of the crossing (extending north-eastwards for a maximum distance of 17.7 metres and south-westwards to the beginning of the roundabout immediately south-west of Black Path);
(b) convert speed cushions to sinusoidal humps known as "speed humps" in (1) Lee Hall Road and (2) Vicarage Road - between High Road, Leyton and Park Road;
(c) introduce new sinusoidal road humps in (1) Lea Hall Road (LH) outside No. 30 LH and (2) Vicarage Road (VC) outside Nos. 51/53, 67/69 and 90 VC; and
(d) remove speed cushion outside Nos. 51, 68/70, 88 and 126 Vicarage Road; and No. 32 Lea Hall Road
NBI The sinusoidal road humps and pedestrian and cycle crossing would be elevated sections of carriageway, between 75 and 100 millimetres (5mm) higher at their highest point than the surrounding carriageway, extending across the full width of the carriageway.
4. A copy of each of the proposed Order, the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Order and plans showing the locations and effect of the Order and other measures can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, at (a) The Information Desk, Town Hall, Forest Road, Walthamstow, E17; and (b) The Reception Desk, London Borough of Waltham Forest, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS.
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or to make any other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to Traffic Orders, Engineering Design, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS quoting reference T61(19) Leyton walking and cycles extra works by the end of a period of 21 days from the date on which this Notice is published. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
For more information please telephone 020 8496 3000 quoting reference Traffic Orders - T61(19) Leyton walking and cycles extra works Dated 14th November 2019
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS