ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (LEAD PIPE REPLACEMENT) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT2(20))Notice ID: WAT1545488
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (LEAD PIPE REPLACEMENT) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT2(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends making an Order to enable Thames Water Lead replacement works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
(a) CONNAUGHT ROAD, E11
(b) CAVENDISH DRIVE, E11
(c) BULWER ROAD, E11
(d) WALLWOOD ROAD E11
(a) WESLEY ROAD, E10
(b) GOODMAN ROAD, E10
(c) FLETCHER LANE, E10
(d) LAMBOURNE ROAD, E11
(e) KNOTTS GREEN ROAD , E10
(a) SANDRINGHAM ROAD, E10
(b) CROMER ROAD, E10
(c) CANTERBURY ROAD, E10
(d) CHESTERFIELD ROAD, E10
(e) EPSOM ROAD, E10
(f) GRIGGS ROAD, E10
(g) NOTTINGHAM ROAD, E10
(h) MATLOCK ROAD, E10
(i) LIVERPOOL ROAD, E10
(j) ESSEX ROAD, E10
(a) CARNARVON ROAD, E10
(b) EATINGTON ROAD, E10
(c) FULREADY ROAD, E10
(d) ABBOTTS PARK ROAD, E10
(e) BOSCOMBE AVENUE, E10
(f) LYNDHURST DRIVE, E10
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in the following:
3. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or load for any purpose, at any time, within 15 metres of the junction of any road adjoining the roads or sections of roads contained in item 2 above.
4. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
5. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed any one-way working or no-entry prohibitions in any roads or parts of roads mentioned in this paragraph may be temporarily suspended.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
7. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions
would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
8. The Order would come into operation on 20th January 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of 12 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner (this applies to all sites mentioned in item 2 above and allows for unforeseen constraints which may abort works until a future time).
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. 'Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary.
Dated 9th January 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS