LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (SEWARDSTONE CORRIDOR) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT1(20))Notice ID: WAT1545514
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (SEWARDSTONE CORRIDOR) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT1(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to enable highway construction to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed to prohibit vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose in the Sewardstone Road and Mansfield Hill E4 region (except works vehicles).
2. Whilst the works are being carried out, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, in:
(a) Sewardstone Road E4 - between its junction with Sewardstone Gardens and its junction with Mansfield Hill;
(b) Mansfield Hill E4 - between its junction with Sewardstone Road and The Ridgeway; and
(c) Mount Echo Avenue E4 - between its roundabout junction with Mansfield Hill and a point 30 metres north-east of that said junction
3. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, within 30 metres of the junction of any road adjoining the roads or sections of roads contained in item 2(a) and 2(b) above.
4. Vehicular access to properties affected by these temporary measures will be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
5. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
7. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
8. The Order would come into operation on 10th February 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of 12 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Signage will be placed In advance of any works in the above mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes as necessary. The construction works during these road closures will be carried out overnight. Dated 9th January 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS