THE A406 GLA ROAD (BOWES ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF ENFIELD) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1554140
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A406 GLA ROAD (BOWES ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF ENFIELD) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2.The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable cycle improvement works to take place at Bowes Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding on the eastbound carriageway
of the A406 Bowes Road between its junctions with Pymmes Close and Green Lanes;
(2) entering, exiting or proceeding on the westbound carriageway of the A406 Bowes Road between its junctions with Green Lanes and Pymmes Road;
(3) entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Palmerston Road between its junction with the A406 Bowes Road and the common boundary line of Nos. 151-153 Palmerston Road. Local access will be maintained.
The Order will be effective between 17th January 2020 and 31st March 2020 every night from 8:00PM to 05:00 AM for article 3 (1) to (2) and from 12:01 AM 20th January 2020 until 11:59 PM 31 st January 2020 for article 3 (3) or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. (For traffic travelling on the eastbound carriageway of A406 Bowes Road) Wilmer Way (B1452), Powys Lane (B1452), Alderman's Hill, Green Lanes to normal route of travel. Local access will be maintained from the junction of Wilmer Way to Pymmes Close. (For traffic travelling on the westbound carriageway of A406 Bowes Road Green Lanes, Alderman's Hill, Powys Lane (B1452), Wilmer Way (B1452) to normal route of travel. Local access will be maintained from the junction of Pymmes Road to Wilmer Way
(For northbound traffic on Palmerston Road) Kelvin Avenue, Green Lanes to normal route of travel.
Dated this 15th day of January 2020
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON
MAYOR OF LONDON