HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE PROPOSED SPEED HUMP, SPEED TABLE AND PEDESTRIAN CROSSING -WESTBURY AVENUE N22 T10Notice ID: WAT1578222
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE PROPOSED SPEED HUMP, SPEED TABLE AND PEDESTRIAN CROSSING -WESTBURY AVENUE N22 T10
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Haringey proposes to introduce a speed hump and a speed table under Sections 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980 and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations 1999, and introduce a pedestrian crossing under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended.
2. The proposed speed hump, approximately 9 metres in length, would be introduced Westbury Avenue N22 outside No. 202 Westbury Avenue. The speed hump would be approximately 75 millimetres in height, with gradients of 1:15 to 1:20 on the ramps and would extend across the full width of the carriageway.
3. The proposed speed table, approximately 12 metres in length, would be introduced Westbury Avenue N2 outside No. 112 Westbury Avenue. The speed table would be approximately 75 millimetres in height, with gradients of 1:15 to 1:20 on the ramps and would extend across the full width of the carriageway.
4. It is also proposed that a zebra pedestrian crossing would be introduced in The Avenue, with the centre located outside No. 112 Westbury Avenue N22. Tthe crossing would be supported with associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping at all times, which would be placed on the carriageway either side of the crossing, extending approximately 16 to 20 metres from either side.
5. These proposals supersede the proposals that were advertised in a Notice dated 22nd January 2020 relating to Westbury Avenue.
6. A plan showing the locations of the speed hump and pedestrian crossing may be inspected for a period of 21 days from the date of this Notice during normal office working hours at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at
7. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or make other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to the Traffic Management Group, River Park House, 1st floor, 225, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ or to traffic.
within 21 days from the date of this Notice.
Dated: 29th January 2020
Head of Operation