THE A3 GLA ROAD (SHANNON CORNER, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: SUT1583052
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (SHANNON CORNER, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Shannon Corner.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding on Shannon Corner Roundabout;
(2) entering, exiting or proceeding on the Burlington Road/ Maiden Way southbound between No. 12 Burlington Road and its junction with Consfield Avenue;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on Burlington Road between Maiden Road and Shannon Corner Roundabout, local access will be maintained;
(4) entering, exiting or proceeding on Beverley Way between its junctions with Shannon Corner Roundabout and A3 Kingston By-pass ;
(5) entering, exiting or proceeding on Beverley Way Service Road between its junctions with Bushey Road/ A3 On-slip to Kingston By-pass and Shannon Corner Roundabout, access to Tesco supermarket will be maintained from Beverley Way/Bushey Road;
(6) entering, exiting or proceeding on the northbound exit slip road from A3 Kingston Bypass to Shannon Corner.
Local access will be maintained. Works will be carried out in phases such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 30th January 2020 until 30th May 2020 every night from 9:00 PM until 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs:
(1) For Maiden Way southbound from Burlington Road via West Barnes Lane, Coombe Lane and Beverley Court to normal route of travel;
(2) For Shannon Corner from Beverley Way via A3 Off-slip to Coombe Lane, Coombe Lane, West Barnes Lane and Burlington Road to normal route of travel;
(3) For A3 Kingston By-pass from Burlington Road via Maiden Road and Maiden Way to normal route of travel;
(4) For closure of northbound exit slip road from A3 Kingston By-pass to Shannon Corner via Kingston By-pass off slip to Maiden Road, Maiden Road and Burlington Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 30th day of January 2020
Coordination & Permitting Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road,
London, SE1 8NJ